Everyone knows the basic facts about Honey Nut Cheerios: they’ll help lower your cholesterol, they’re good for your heart, and they’re a really great source of fiber. As college kids we don’t all think that way, and instead we view Cheerios as a sweet throwback to our childhood and a convenient breakfast option when we’re late getting out the door.

When you have a little bit more time to spare, try combining them with another of your favorite childhood breakfast items, pancakes, and get the ultimate throwback of your dreams.

#SpoonTip: This recipe actually isn’t all that unhealthy, either. If you want to cut back on calories, you can replace the cream cheese frosting with this low-calorie, low-fat frosting recipe.

Honey Nut Cheerios Pancakes

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:15 minutes
  • Servings:5 large pancakes

• 3 cup pancake mix
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios, crushed
  • 16 oz cream cheese frosting
  • 4 tablespoon honey
  • 1 banana, sliced
Photo by Jayna Goldstein

Mix pancake batter according to instructions on the box. Mix in 2 tbsp of honey, half of a sliced banana and 1 cup of crushed Cheerios.

Photo by Jayna Goldstein

In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave 16 oz. of cream cheese frosting and mix in 2 tbsp of honey.

As you make your pancakes, coat the top of each one with the frosting mixture, repeating this process until the pancakes are stacked on top of one another.

Photo by Jayna Goldstein

Top with the remaining half of sliced banana and 1 cup of crushed Cheerios and drizzle with remaining frosting and honey.

Photo by Jayna Goldstein