Just because we may have grown out of trick-or-treating doesn’t mean college students don’t deserve our fair share of Halloween treats. The only problem is, many of us have to balance the struggle between engorging ourselves with bite-size candy and Halloween Oreos and fitting into that skin-tight leotard were planning on wearing for our Cat Woman costume.

While I can’t promise that this will distract you from the delicious and creamy satisfaction of a fun-sized Snickers, these adorable chocolate-covered frozen banana ghosts present you with a healthier option to enjoy a fun Halloween treat. Plus, they’re ridiculously easy to make.

Easy

Prep Time: 10 -15 minutes
Freeze Time: 3- 4 hours
Total Time: 3-4 hours

Servings: 8

4 bananas, peeled and cut in half widthwise
2 bars of white chocolate
M&Ms (your choice)
Chocolate chips
8 popsicle sticks

1. Peel and cut four bananas in half widthwise. Remove any stringy fibers.

Photo by Alison Weissbrot

2. Insert popsicle sticks into each half at the cut end.

Photo by Alison Weissbrot

3. Cover each pop with plastic wrap and put in freezer. Leave until firm (about 3-4 hours – just leave them to freeze while you’re in class).
4. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl (2-3 minutes).

Photo by Alison Weissbrot

5. Remove pops from freezer and spread melted chocolate on each pop with a butter knife, or if you have a deep enough bowl, dip and twist until evenly coated.

Photo by Alison Weissbrot

6. Lay the pops on a wax or tinfoil covered dish. Push chocolate chips in for the eyes and M&M’s for the mouth.

Photo by Alison Weissbrot

7. Put back in freezer until ready to eat. Remove and serve cold.