Chocolate lies on one end of the savory and sweet spectrum, while cheese lies on the other. But what happens when you combine the two? Answer: this light, delicious mousse.

This recipe uses cocoa powder and ricotta cheese for its main ingredients, creating a creamy, cheesecake-like treat — AKA perfect for an indulgent snack or dessert.

This mousse captures the sweetness of your favorite rich, chocolatey dessert, and if you want to go lighter on the sugar, you can choose to use an artificial sweetener like Truvia. Now, make like Hannah Montana and get the best of both worlds with this incredibly delicious chocolate mousse!

Creamy Chocolate Mousse

• Cook Time:0

• cup Ricotta cheese
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 packet sweetener your choice
milk, cream, chocolate, sweet, coffee, mousse, pudding, dairy product, chocolate mousse
Jamie Hegg

Measure the Ricotta cheese and pour into a mixing bowl.

Measure the cocoa powder.

Add the cocoa powder into the Ricotta cheese little by little, tasting as you go to get the chocolate flavor to your liking.

Mix in the sweetener.

Measure out the vanilla extract and add it into the mix.

Stir everything together and voila!

If you’re trying to keep your mousse healthy, stick to things like fruit, crushed nuts or coconut flakes. That said, this treat is so versatile that you can totally play it up with chocolate chips, sprinkles or drizzles.