The prodigal harvest season has returned, bringing with it all the apple pies, decorative gourds and PSLs our hearts could desire. Many welcomed the autumn with open arms, replacing the tank tops with hoodies and flip-flops with booties as soon as the temps dipped below 75, while others cling with determination to the dog day heat.

pink lemonade

Photo courtesy of mememaker.com

Amidst the emerging rustic oranges, deep plums and forest greens of fall, bursts of cheery pink popped up around the city of Tallahassee, Florida. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and to amp up appreciation for the cause and collect donations for The Joanna Francis Living Well Foundation, over 100 venues across Tallahassee assembled pink lemonade stands.

pink lemonade

Courtesy of Kevin Del Orbe

Florida State University’s Landis Green had its very own set up not too long ago, complete with pink carnations, pink sprinkle cookies, and University President John Thrasher himself pouring some pink lemonade.

pink lemonade

Courtesy of Kevin Del Orbe

So, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month and as a special dedication to the last of the tank top wearers, the sufferers of goosebumps and chilly toes impatiently waiting for the return of the heat, we’ve concocted a perfect recipe for an endless summer. And it’s about to blow your mind.

Go Pink Lemonade Mojito

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:15 minutes
  • Servings:6-7

• 1 large pitcher
  • 1 bottle white rum
  • 1 bottle strawberry lemonade
  • 1 bottle club soda
  • 1 oz mint leaves
  • 2 lemons
  • 1 carton fresh strawberries
  • 2 cup sugar
  • 4 handfuls ice
Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Slice all but one of the strawberries.

#SpoonTip: This lone strawberry will be used as a garnish on the pitcher later, so leave a good one.

Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Put half the strawberry slices into the pitcher, set the other half aside.

Slice one of the lemons. Put all but one of the slices into the pitcher.

#SpoonTip: Like the lone strawberry, this slice will be used as a garnish.

Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Pick the mint leaves off the stems, rip them into smaller pieces and add them to the pitcher.

Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Using a splash of rum and a pinch of sugar, muddle the strawberries, lemons and mint leaves together in the bottom of the pitcher – after this it should resemble a pureé.

Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Eyeballing, add 1 part rum to the pitcher.

Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Add 1 part strawberry lemonade.

Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Add 1 part club soda to top it off.

Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Cut the remaining lemon in half. Squeeze the lemon juice into the pitcher.

Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Add the remaining strawberry slices to the pitcher. Stir well.

Pour the cup of sugar onto a plate. Gather your cups and wet the rims. One at a time, hold the cups upside down and dunk the wet end into the sugar for a frosted edge.

Courtesy of Greer Hackett

Fill your cups with ice. Pour and enjoy!

Courtesy of Greer Hackett