Tired of that old and bland BLT? I have got the answer for you. So, we all know how obsessed we are with avocado and bacon, so heavenly. As we college students know, it’s sometimes hard finding new sandwiches to eat without racking up the pounds or better yet, the bills. This is a juicy, yet lightweight sandwich that will keep you coming back for more.

Medium

Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Servings: 1

1 avocado
1 tomato
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1 egg
½ cup of spinach
2 slices of bacon
¼ cup of mayonnaise
½ teaspoon of sriracha hot sauce

1. First off, stick two slices of bacon in an already greased pan on the stove. Cook until crispy. Then, stick two pieces of bread in the toaster.

Cooking Bacon

Photo by Tiare Brown

2. While the bacon is sizzling, grab a small bowl and mix together the sriracha hot sauce and the mayonnaise. Set aside for later.

Spicy Mayo Sauce

Photo by Tiare Brown

3. Chop the tomatoes and carve out as many slices of avocado as you want for your sandwich.

Bacon, Tomato, Avocado

Photo by Tiare Brown

Tip: If you aren’t a pro at cutting avocados, here are a couple suggestions. Remember, there is a gigantic seed in the middle so watch out for it when you are cutting the avocado right in half. Secondly, pull apart the two halves and scoop the avocado out with a spoon.

Bacon, Tomato, Avocado

Photo by Tiare Brown

4. Crack an egg into an already greased pan. Really watch the egg to make sure you don’t overcook it because you want the yolk to be able to ooze all over the sandwich. It doesn’t take more than 3 minutes to cook.

Fried Egg

Photo by Tiare Brown

5. Now it is time to assemble this grand sandwich. First take your two pieces of bread and lather on the spicy mayo sauce. If you aren’t too keen on spicy, maybe don’t overdo it on the sauce. Add the bacon, tomato, avocado, spinach and egg in that order. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper. Yes, this is not your average BLT. It’s better.

Building the Sandwich - Avocado, Tomato, Bacon, Sauce

Photo by Tiare Brown

Avocado BLT

Photo by Tiare Brown

Avocado BLT

Photo by Tiare Brown