Class until 12, 1 hour break, class until 3, advising appointment at 4, extra credit for psych at 6 and then a meeting at 7:30. Sound familiar? Being a star student, or even a lazy one, can be extremely hectic, from all the meetings or from all the naps. Either way, you most likely don’t have a chef preparing your meals (unless you live in a frat house), nor do you have time to run to the dining commons just to wait in a long line. The common solution to this problem is to grab a Nutrigrain bar, but believe it or not, there are more options than that. Here are a few snacks that are super easy to make, and most of the ingredients can be bought with meal points at Louie’s or The Mix.

Photo by Bari Blanga

1. Chips and Hummus

This is pretty self-explanatory. Buy some Tostitos (I prefer the Restaurant Style) and Sabra Roasted Red- Pepper Hummus. It’s the perfect on-the-go snack that you can scarf down while switching binders and checking your e-mails.

Photo by Bari Blanga

2. Fruit Salad

Also pretty self-explanatory. I usually throw strawberries, apples, grapes and bananas into a paper bowl and share some with my roommate.

Photo by Bari Blanga

3. Tomato Soup

I don’t think anything is easier than buying tomato soup from Louie’s and heating it up in the microwave. Not even cereal is this easy to make. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper to add more flavor.

Photo by Bari Blanga

4. T.C.M. Sandwich

I’m pretty sure I just made up that acronym, but it makes sense and I like it. A turkey, cheese and mustard sandwich is a light but filling meal that can be made in less than 5 minutes. You don’t need fancy sub-style bread for this, either. Just place the ingredients on white or whole wheat bread (unless you’re me and have to eat rice bread).

snacks

Photo by Nitsa Skenderis

5. Cheese Enchilada

Last but certainly not least, a simple cheese enchilada. You may not be able to buy tortillas or sour cream with your meal points, but they are both basic groceries that could last you a while. Sprinkle as much shredded cheese as desired into the tortilla, roll it up, and sprinkle more cheese on top. Microwave for 30 seconds then dip into salsa and/or sour cream.

Being busy doesn’t always have to taste like Nutrigrain bars.

Like this article? Check out: