The Hamptons is the ultimate summertime vacation spot for tourists. The beautiful beaches, breathtaking views, fun bars, and lobster rolls never fail to satisfy all your vacation needs. Lobster rolls are clearly a staple summer food out on the east end of Long Island due to its being right on the coast (lucky for us residents).

Fortunately for all you people dying to try some of the best seafood out there, the area is packed with restaurants where you can get a scrumptious local lobster roll. Although there are tons of options, I’ve found one roll that never disappoints and is always fresh.

Clam Bar

Photo courtesy of @theclambar on Instagram

The Clam Bar on Napeague Stretch, east of Amagansett and west of Montauk, is home to a bomb lobster salad roll. The name “Clam Bar” is deceiving because it kind of sounds like the only thing they serve is clams, but the lobster rolls are the real deal.

This famous little establishment always keeps locals happy and visitors coming back for more looks like a legit shack. One might think that nothing memorable comes out of their kitchen, but they are oh so wrong. The atmosphere of this tiny red building gives a beach-like vibe that screams summer with its bright yellow umbrellas and chairs.

Clam Bar

I’ve had many lobster rolls around the east coast that had chewy meat, dry meat, too much mayonnaise, or were just plain tasteless. But The Clam Bar’s lobster roll is the perfect combination of tender, juicy (but not soggy) meat, and has just a bit of mayonnaise and crunchy celery chunks. The lobster comes right off a boat located in Montauk called “The Misty Rose.” There’s nothing better than having food that comes from a source that is fresh and local.

Clam Bar

When ordering this refreshing summer meal, you have two options. You can either get the traditional lobster salad roll that consists of lobster salad stuffed in a toasted bun, or you can go with the healthier option: lobster salad stuffed into a vine ripened tomato on a bed of greens with a slice of corn on the side. The Clam Bar is the only restaurant that I know of in the Hamptons that serves lobster salad in a tomato; it’s such a great and unique dish!

Clam Bar

If you’re in the Amagansett or Montauk area this summer, you have to stop by the Clam bar, order a lobster roll, sweet potato fries, and a Montauk Summer Ale before summer is over. You’ll have no cause for complaints.