I was never super into fruit smoothies and would always go for the one with chocolate or peanut butter (which I still think there is nothing wrong with) but then I started actually trying some of the juices that were popping up on Instagram and in magazines, and I fell into the trend.

Now I love all things smoothie/juice: the juices, the fruit, the almond butters, even the extra hemp powder you can throw in there after a workout. They are honestly addictive, and with so many juiceries and stores popping up all over the city, I’ve been so lucky to try a ton of them out. So, here is my condensed list of the 7 best.

1. Almond Butter Cup, Juice Press

smoothies

Photo courtesy of init4thelongrun.com

If you already love juice or are about that “juice cleanse” life, you have most definitely heard of Juice Press. There are several locations all over Manhattan and their juices are delicious. They are a bit pricey (some flavors run at $15), but if this is counting as your on-the-go breakfast/lunch then in reality, it’s not that bad… right?!

The Almond Butter Cup is for those of us who still want to have a smoothie, but not the fruit. If you don’t really want that green kale kinda taste, this is the one to try! The blend of almond butter, cocoa, agave and banana is amazing.

#SpoonTip: It comes with cinnamon in it, which is great if you’re into that, however I prefer to ask for mine without it for a refreshing taste!

2. I Love Watermelon, Juice Generation

smoothies

Photo courtesy of drinks.seriouseats.com

Although Juice Generation is mainly known for their açaí bowls (which, yes, are delicious, and I could write an entire article on all those) they also have some incredible smoothies, for example this watermelon one! This smoothie is slightly cheaper than Juice Press (a grand total of $6.40 to be exact) and super fresh tasting – perfect for summer. It’s blended with watermelon slices cut specifically for your smoothie, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries… and some agave (which is always optional, but recommended).

3. Coffee and Cacao, Liquiteria

smoothies

Photo courtesy of giltcity.com

Ever feel the need for a coffee, but also craving something a little more? Because, let’s face it, you probably have already had two coffees today and need something with a little more substance. Well, this is the drink for you: fair-trade coffee, raw cacao, almond butter, bananas, chocolate almond milk, chocolate whey protein (optional), and raw coconut sugar. Healthy, delicious, and oh so good.

4. Roots 3, Pressed Juicery

smoothies

Photo courtesy of imhungryinla.com

There are a ton of Pressed Juicery locations in Cali and now in New York, and there’s even one at Columbia for all you college gals uptown.

This blend of apple, beet, ginger and lemon is the perfect kick-start or end to your day. I love this juice. I don’t know if it’s because I feel so healthy drinking it or because it actually tastes delicious, but it achieves both yummy and healthy in one drink. These juices are also sold at thousands of Equinox’s around NYC, so post-workout Roots 3 is def the call.

5. Lemon Cayenne Agave, BluePrint

smoothies

Photo courtesy of Tumblr

This flavor is a must. Whether you’re out shopping on a hot NYC day this summer or bored during your internship and need a pick-me-up, the kick of cayenne is perfect. After you get past what may seem like an intimidating combo of flavors, this will become your favorite drink.

6. Pineapple Strawberry Mango Smoothie, Jus at the Coffee Shop

smoothies

Photo courtesy of foodspotting.com

If you’re feeling something more tropical and a little tangier, this is the smoothie to go for. Not only is it super refreshing, it’s also made with all natural ingredients right before your eyes.

7. Chia Joe, LULI Tonix

smoothies

Photo courtesy of Lulitonix Instagram

What I love about these is that you can buy them at almost any Whole Foods. They’re perfect to stock up on before you head back to school or to sip on while you’re on your way to work. I am also all about the coffee-smoothie combo, and in one of these there is a great mixture of cold brew coffee blended with chia, cashews, coconut oil, dates and vanilla with a dash of Himalayan sea salt.