Now that it’s ice cream weather and summer is right around the corner, here are some of the best ice cream shops on the Cape Cod peninsula.

Somerset Creamery

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @SamanthaaaLynn on theinfatuation.com

Starting off the trip is Somerset Creamery, located in Cataumet along the scenic Route 28A. This is the perfect stop that brings local flair to ice cream flavors. One of their original as well as most popular flavor is their Cranberry Bog: a unique cranberry ice cream mixed with craisins, walnuts and dark chocolate. This flavor is inspired by the many cranberry bogs that dot the peninsula.

Four Seas Ice Cream

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @order.for.one on Instagram

Next is a personal favorite, Four Seas Ice Cream, located in Barnstable County’s Centerville village. Four Seas, right down the street from the string of public and private beaches, is one of the most highly regarded ice cream shops on the Cape. It was voted one of the top ten ice cream countries by USA Today and was featured on Oprah and Food Network. My favorite flavor is their mocha chip ice cream, but any of their other flavors are equally as delicious! They have many ice cream sundaes as well as unique flavors of the week throughout the summer. Predictability is not an option.

Sundae School

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @capeology on Instagram

Next stop is Sundae School, where no learning is needed with such a sugar rush! Given the name, one of their specialties is a hot fudge sundae, topped with fresh whipped cream and a cherry on top! If you’re feeling adventurous, other sundae flavors include Hawaiian Pineapple, Fresh Blueberry, and Hot Butterscotch to name a few. Stop by one of their three locations in to get schooled!

Emack and Bolio’s

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @emackandbolios on Instagram

Last stop is along the arm of the Cape, where you can find Emack and Bolio’s, a household name! Here, you can get a little scoop of Heaven, their vanilla ice cream with marshmallows and white chocolate chips. Even their vanilla is out of the ordinary. Other fun flavors include Cosmic Crunch, Twisted Dee-Light, Grasshopper Pie and S’mOreo. You can also find ice cream pizzas, which offers a creative twist on a typical fudge sundae: an ice cream pizza with brownie crust decorated with Emack and Bolio’s signature chocolate peace sign, chocolate raspberry “bleeding” hearts, stars and moons. It is out of this world.