Cape Cod is one of the greatest places to ever spend your time. Particularly in the summer, this area is perfect for all the beach-goers, concert-lovers, shopaholics and most importantly, sweet tooths. Here is a list of a few different places to try out these desserts this summer:

Ice Cream

Sundae School in Dennis Port

cape cod

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This adorable old-school ice cream parlor is found in the quaint streets of Dennis Port. All of their ice cream is homemade, and it’s creamy and delicious. As family-owned business, they’ve now expanded to two other locations, although their original Dennis Port is the most well known.

You can’t go wrong with just a simple sundae: a few scoops of their unreal ice cream, topped with real whipped cream, their famously heavy and rich hot fudge and a fresh cherry. Depending on the season, other sundae toppings include fresh local raspberries, fresh cranberries, fresh peach or even a spiced hot apple.

Four Seas Ice Cream in Centerville

cape cod

Photo courtesy of boston.com

Yet another adorable ice cream parlor, Four Seas has been open since 1934. Many of their flavors include local seasonal ingredients, such as fresh peach, black raspberry or peanut butter chocolate chip and coffee. Their chip chocolate, a classic favorite, is created with delicious melted chocolate, which solidifies when it hits the frozen ice cream. The famous ice cream is made with 16 percent butterfat making it almost impossible to not enjoy. They’ve also been winning countless national and local competitions for decades, including being named top ten ice creams by several national publications.

Schoolhouse Ice Cream in Harwich Port

cape cod

Photo courtesy of capescape.wordpress.com

Schoolhouse Ice Cream is a Cape Cod tradition, located right on Route 28 in Harwich Port for easy access. Their huge portions, incredible selection, reasonable prices and delicious flavors add to the perfection of this adorable spot. The chalkboard menus, picnic tables and open outdoor seating all work to complete this perfect atmosphere. Their Harwich Mud Pie, Irish Coffee and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough are all delicious flavors. Don’t forget to ask for a waffle cone and jimmies!.

Fudge

Chatham Candy Manor in Chatham

cape cod

Photo courtesy of candymanor.com

A quick trip into Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory right from downtown Chatham is always a good idea. This old-school candy store has something for everyone, yet the fudge is what really sticks out. The fudge is homemade daily, thus making it the Chatham Candy Manor’s specialty. With practically every flavor of fudge under the sun, people are always lined up to purchase the wonderful treats.

Provincetown Fudge Factory in Provincetown

cape cod

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This award-winning fudge takes approximately 4 to 8 hours to complete, from start to finish. The P-town Fudge Factory prides themselves in using only the freshest ingredients, dairy products and 100% pure chocolate. This fudge is perfectly rich and perfectly creamy, making it absolutely worth the trip to the tip of the peninsula. The most popular (and most delicious) flavors include Oreo, Nutella Hazelnut and their seasonal Pumpkin.

Pie

Marion’s Pie Shop in Chatham

cape cod

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

This pie shop originally began only selling their homemade Chicken Pot Pies, however over the years this grew into something more. Now, fresh fruit pies as well as a grand selection of savory pies are all on the menu, and people are drooling over them all. Their pastry crust recipe has been passed down for about 67 years, complete with the same taste and quality.

Centerville Pie Company in Centerville

cape cod

Photo courtesy of bysarahjayne.com

This adorable bakery was thrust into the spotlight after discovered by Oprah Winfrey. Now, various retail locations sell their pies, whether it be fresh or frozen. Unlike other bakeries or most restaurants in the Cape, the Centerville Pie Company’s restaurant, right next door to the bakery, is open year round and always welcoming customers. If you’re in for delicious food, mouth-watering pies and friendly service, Centerville Pie Company is the place to be. Two popular flavors are Wild Blueberry and Mixed Berry, which are always fresh and amazing.