Even if you are only planning on being in Chicago for a day, you might as well get the best out of your time in Chi-town. Most tourists would look for a quality deep dish pizza place and maybe go to a Cubs game, but you’re different.

Amongst the shopping and sight seeing, it is crucial to maintain a full stomach. From the shops on Michigan Avenue to the necessary pictures at the Bean (also known as the Cloud Gate), there is a lot to see in Chicago.

Breakfast – The Allis

chicago

Photo courtesy of @theallischicago on Instagtam

Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. And if you haven’t already heard, brunch is in and breakfast is out. The Allis, one of the restaurants located inside the Soho House, is a great spot for a latte, pastry, or brunch dish (or all three).

#SpoonTip: Order the Allis Breakfast, with hard boiled eggs, tomato, avocado, smoked salmon and toast.

Lunch – Parlor Pizza Bar

chicago

Photo by Avery Allen

Out of an array of great options (Chicken Shop and Au Cheval), one of the best spots in the West Loop for lunch or dinner is Parlor Pizza Bar. Right off Green Street, around the corner from Randolph Street, lies a slice of heaven (pun intended).

With both hip outdoor seating (heat lamps included) and upscale indoor dining as well, the atmosphere is top-notch. The bar attracts a lot of the attention, with flashy TVs displaying sports games.

Parlor’s extensive menu offers everything from brunch, to pizza, to late night eats. For an appetizer, start off with the pulled pork nacho bites, topped with pulled pork, guacamole, cheese, and pico de gallo loaded on top. Genius. Don’t skip out on the balsamic-glazed fried mozzarella appetizer either.

Finish up the order with one of Parlor’s traditional pies, such as the “Burrata be Kidding Me” with fresh mozzarella, burrata, baby arugula, lemon vinaigrette, and white truffle oil. What is pizza without a little salad on the side?

Dinner – Doc B’s Fresh Kitchen

chicago

Photo by Avery Allen

After you digest from that meal and walk down Michigan Ave (you can hit up those shops), it will practically be time for dinner. Doc B’s Fresh Kitchen is a good spot farther away from the West Loop for some diverse and clean eats. If you are a person who thrives on good guacamole, the house made guac is the move. And don’t miss one of their inventive salads.

Dessert – Mindy’s Hot Chocolate

chicago

Photo courtesy of @hgatto on Instagram

As one of Chicago’s most unique spots to dine, Mindy’s Hot Chocolate brings a lot to the table… pun intended. Although Hot Chocolate has a great overall menu, their dessert menu is the real shining star.

Try the maple sugar pie, with sweet potato, maple caramel, ice cream, and bourbon brittle. If you’re in the chocolate mood, the dark chocolate pave will call your name with cocoa nib crumbs, white hot fudge, blood orange sorbet, and charred citrus.

If you’re going for a classic, order the O.G. Donuts, with hot fudge and a side of caramel corn. To make this restaurant even more on point than it already is, Chef Mindy Segal is a born and bred Chicago native. If the shopping and sightseeing doesn’t make you go back to Chicago, the food definitely will.