Consider Vauxhall Winter Village to be a miniature Winter Wonderland...for grown ups. There are no crowds, rides or screaming children; just happy hour, mulled wine and incredible pop-up food stalls. All of this with the après-ski theme thrown in makes it feel like you've actually been transported to the Alps. It's an alpine dream.

tea, coffee
Heather-Jade Stanley

I currently hold the title of World's Worst Skiier, so the eating and drinking that goes on at après-ski is the best part of any ski trip for me. Well, that and the cute outfits.

Once you've worked up an appetite taking selfies in the ski-lift photobooth, it's time to fill your belly with warm, comfort food. The market is food-stall set up so you're spoiled for choice. Think Borough Market but on a much smaller scale. The choices are Country Kitchen (who have a make-your-own-sandwich bar), Souper Soups, Sweet Nothings, City Burgers, and Ye Olde Fish and Chips.

Heather-Jade Stanley

I'm English, so naturally I gravitated towards the fish and chips, duh. I had the ultimate fish finger sandwich (what a name). It was all cooked fresh in front of me by a chef wearing a delightful red bobble hat. For just under a tenner it certainly warmed me up in this terrible English winter weather. 

chicken, bacon, sandwich, pork
Heather-Jade Stanley
bread, pork
Heather-Jade Stanley
BUT WAIT: It doesn't end there. You get to tuck into your food while sitting under a heater and next to a fire, or in one of the festive booths they have to offer getting all snug under a blanket. Snowflakes and mirror balls hang from the ceiling while Christmas music plays in the background. You're surrounded by such Christmassy goodness, you practically feel like you're in Whoville.
coffee, beer, tea
Heather-Jade Stanley
cake
Heather-Jade Stanley

Vauxhall is just barely south of the river and on the Victoria line. You can find this place under the railway bridge next to Vauxhall tube station, Monday-Friday 11.30am-10pm. Get your (imaginary) skis and be glad you DON'T have to ski after all that mulled wine