The Grey was named a Top 100 Wine Restaurant of 2016 by Wine Enthusiast Magazine, one of Thrillist’s 2015 Best New Restaurants in America and one of Food and Wine’s Restaurants of the Year 2015, among other accolades, but all of the awards aren’t even the coolest part about this historic downtown Savannah hot spot – it’s located in a refurbished Greyhound Bus Depot.

Savannah

Photo courtesy of designsponge.com

The Grey gets its name from the restaurant’s origins. The space now occupied by the Grey is actually a refurbished 1930’s Greyhound Bus terminal that has been redecorated and returned to all of its former glory.

When eating at the Grey, you’re transported back in time by your surroundings while your tastebuds are transported by the incredible food and wine selection. For northern readers, imagine eating a gourmet meal in a tiny 1930’s-era Grand Central Station.

Savannah

Photo courtesy of @thegreysavannah on Instagram

Dinner at The Grey is a four-course experience:

Oysters, to start.

Savannah

The oyster selection varies nightly, and you can order selections from all over the country.

Followed by starters:

Savannah

This watermelon salad is one of the delicious dinner starter items. Simple and elegant.

Then, on to “Middles:”

Savannah

Photo courtesy of @thegreysavannah

“Middles” is the event leading up to main event. This Pork Porterhouse is technically a special, not a “middle,” but it was too pretty not to share. Middle items include country pasta and roasted baby eggplant.

And finally, Mains:

Savannah

Photo courtesy of @thegrey savannah on Instagram

The “Mains” section of the menu is the main course and main event of the evening. Make sure to save room for incredible plates like this Ribeye for Two.

The Grey is an expensive, special occasion kind of place perfect for an anniversary or a birthday, especially if your parents are paying. Incredible service, a unique and memorable atmosphere, and impeccable food and drink all work together here for a Savannah dining experience you’ll never forget.