If you’re one of the many unpaid interns in New York City this summer, you know the struggle of going out with your fellow broke interns. To help you out, the interns at Spoon University HQ have ranked the 15 best places to go for group meals without breaking the bank.

While you’re there, be sure to check out the foods on this list of 50 foods to eat in NYC before you die.

1. Tacombi Café El Presidente

intern's guide to cheap group meals in NYC

Photo by Kristine Mahan

The atmosphere at this Flatiron location is infectiously bright and cheery. Since you’ll be sharing big plates like guacamole, using the app SquareCash to avoid splitting the check will make paying easy (and the waiter won’t hate your group). We also recommend getting the tacos that start at $3.95 a piece.

2. Souvlaki GR

Photo courtesy of @chubbychinesegirleats on Instagram

Famous for their food truck and the restaurant in LES, Souvlaki GR has a new location in Midtown. We highly recommend ordering one of their pitas that average around $7 each. The white and blue decor makes it feel like you’re sitting in a real Greek café.

3. Nom Wah Tea Parlor

Photo courtesy of @nomwahteaparlor on Instagram

If your group is looking for dim sum, look no further than Nom Wah Tea Parlor in Chinatown. It’s been around since the 1920s and the recently revamped but vintage atmosphere completes the experience. Their famous dim sum starts at $3.50.

4. The Meatball Shop

Photo courtesy of @ny.foodie on Instagram

With multiple locations and family-style seating, The Meatball Shop is a great place for groups. Enjoy four balls on focaccia bread with cheese for just $9.

5. Her Name is Han

Photo courtesy of @saveurmag on Instagram

They may boast that “Han’s pork will fatten your soul,” but non-meat eaters fare just fine at this homey joint. It’s not super fancy and is a little easier on the wallet than many upscale Korean places. We suggest sharing one of the pots at Han’s – you’ll end up paying around $10 for an unreal pork-filled meal.

6. Puglia

Photo courtesy of @ihavethisthingforbrunch on Instagram

We like big portions and and we cannot lie, especially when it’s Italian food. Puglia’s drinks are decently priced and the old school Italian-American vibe feels more than inviting for big groups. Their calzone is one of our favorites, leaving you full for $9.95.

7. Mighty Quinn’s

Photo courtesy of @inthehungryhour on Instagram

This authentic BBQ place pays homage to the great southern pit masters in all of their NYC locations. Great quality and lots of choices at reasonable prices, their popular pulled pork clocks in just under $9.

8. Boqueria

Photo courtesy of @boqueria_tapas on Instagram

You probably share a desk as an intern, so why not share your food and the check while you’re at it? Opting for tapas is an efficient way to try a lot of dishes if you’re with a big group. We like sharing dishes like the pan con tomate for $6 and espinacas a la Catalana for $10.

9. Westville

Photo courtesy of @morganyorkwrites on Instagram

This is another one of those places where everyone in your group can find something to enjoy. From $8 chicken tenders to salads around $10 and $3.50 for hotdogs, everyone is bound to be comforted and satisfied.

10. Caracas Arepa Bar

Photo courtesy of @caracasarepasbar on Instagram

Authentic Venezuelan cuisine is located in both the East Village and in Brooklyn. Their famous gluten-free arepa draw crowds from all over Manhattan. The menu is expansive and a typical arepa will cost you $9.

11. San Marzano

Photo courtesy of @Ima_eats on Instagram

San Marzano is well-known by the young crowd for their affordable sangria and $9 customizable pasta entrées. They take reservations for groups of 6 or more so you never have to worry about being turned away if you plan ahead.

12. Miss Lily’s

Photo courtesy of @mw111tf on Instagram

Caribbean cuisine is not all that common in Manhattan, so if you want it, you have to head to Miss Lily’s. While their cocktails are on the pricier side, you can get a really reasonably priced bottle of wine and split all the food so it’s affordable. Get the corn for $7 and the jerk wings for $14. They go crazy for birthdays, so celebrate yours here.

13. 456 Shanghai Cuisine

Photo courtesy of @oharas1 on Instagram

Another Chinatown staple, 456 serves up traditional dishes from Shanghai. They don’t have a website and it’s not super fancy but their authentic and affordable menu offers something for everyone. The braised Shanghai noodle entrée is only $7.95 and feels like a steal for the price and quality.

14. Bareburger

Photo by Kristine Mahan

Bareburger is by far one of the most interesting places to grab a bite in the city. They have unbelievable variety while remaining affordable, organic, and sustainably sourced. Vegan and gluten-free options are also available here. We like to build our own burger for $9.90.

15. Totto Ramen

Photo courtesy of @ameliaxiong

If you want a real ramen experience, head to Totto with your group of fellow interns. Their hefty ramen bowls start around $11 and are bound to keep you full for hours to come. Totto offers dishes beyond just ramen, though.

Download Square Cash today and you’ll have money in your account after splitting the check, and you won’t even need to pay a fee. Plus, there’s no social feed revealing all your secrets.