Although it can often be cloudy in San Francisco, when it’s sunny, everyone is out and about. If you want to take advantage of the warm weather, try out these places for some outdoor dining.

1. Golden Gate Park

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @tarilindal on Instagram

Pack a picnic lunch and eat near Stow Lake followed by a paddle-boat ride, or stop by the Japanese Tea Garden for a snack. Golden Gate Park has many things to do including visiting the de Young Museum, the California Academy of Sciences, and the Conservatory of Flowers.

2. Dolores Park

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @localwanderer on Instagram

Dolores Park is a great place to have a small barbecue with friends, or to get food to-go from the local Tartine Bakery and enjoy the sunshine and great views.

3. The Magic Flute

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @angiekao on Instagram

With the most quaint outdoor patio, The Magic Flute is the perfect place for a girls lunch or a first date. The burger and the pasta are to die for, and they taste even better outside on the patio.

4. Baker Beach

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @kalaroses on Instagram

Baker Beach is another great picnic spot. Bring a towel, some friends, great food, and you will be set for the day.

5. Plow

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @jskawang on Instagram

Enjoy the famous lemon ricotta pancakes or my personal favorite, “The Plow” (eggs, homemade sausage patties, two lemon ricotta pancakes, Plow potatoes) and a cup of coffee on the outdoor street seating. You won’t regret it.

6. Butler and the Chef

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @hannahpilkes on Instagram

If you want to pretend that you aren’t in the United States, give Butler and the Chef a try. You’ll feel like you’re in a small Paris neighborhood with some french toast and a latté by your side.

7. Off the Grid

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @offthegridsf on Instagram

For those of you who don’t know, Off the Grid is a food truck series all around the Bay Area, but the one in the city offers the best outdoor seating options. The trucks change every week, ranging from “Bacon Mania,” “Brother Baby’s BBQ,” and “Cheese Gone Wild,” to name a few. There’s something for everyone at the trucks, and you can get drinks, main entrees, and desserts.

8. Waterbar

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @instabeckwith on Instagram

Located along the Embarcadero, Waterbar provides one of the best views in the city. Be sure to book early so you can ensure outdoor seating so you can get a look at the bridge while enjoying your seafood.

9. Coqueta

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @thankyousunshine on Instagram

Also located along the Embarcadero, Coqueta provides excellent food with an even better view.

10. Foreign Cinema

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @foreigncinemasf on Instagram

Foreign Cinema is truly one-of-a-kind. The outdoor patio has old movies being projected onto the screen so you can watch while enjoying the famous fried chicken or Moroccan duck.

11. Rose’s Cafe

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @lolodavis on Instagram

Rose’s Cafe is ideal for brunch on a warm San Francisco afternoon. It’s great for people watching while enjoying the breakfast pizza.

12. Blackwood

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @blackwoodsf on Instagram

Want some great Thai food? Look no further than Blackwood. In the Marina district of the city, the restaurant is on Chestnut Street, one of my favorite streets in the city. After lunch outside, definitely walk around to explore the other cute shops Chestnut Street has to offer.

13. Zazie

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @anniebanhie on Instagram

This French bistro has an adorable backyard patio that provides the perfect place for a great Instagram pic. Zazie is famous for the French Toast Tahiti (stuffed with caramelized bananas and walnuts as seen above), which is perfect to enjoy on a Sunday afternoon.

14. Crissy Field

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @ematthewbyrne on Instagram

Crissy Field is another great place to picnic due to its ideal view of the Golden Gate. Since it’s in the Presidio area, be sure to take a stroll or hike after lunch for some great sights of the city.

15. Outerlands

san francisco

Photo courtesy of @outerlands on Instagram

Although the wait can be long, Outerlands is a must-try. On the weekends, Outerlands offers their dutch pancakes, which can be savory (without fruit) or sweet (with fruit). To avoid the lines and to ensure outdoor seating, be sure to arrive as early as possible.