The Philippines’ food scene is LIT. The city boasts hip and trendy restaurants, beaches have gems tucked between palm trees, and waterfalls double as dining halls. So if you’re ever in the neighborhood, here’s a list of best restaurants you should definitely try:

1. Antonio’s

best

Photo courtesy of @nielgq on Instagram

Antonio’s has, hands down, the best food in the country. It’s quite fancy and usually gets pretty crowded despite its less accessible location (Tagaytay), so reserve a table and wear something nice should you choose to eat here. Their specialty is the Lechon de Leche.

2. The Lost Bread

best

Photo courtesy of @maviecruz on Instagram

This is the place where you can get the best (and most ‘grammable) milkshakes and ice creams. They have unconventional toppings like cotton candy and popcorn, which takes your dessert experience to a whole other level.

3. Abe

best

Photo courtesy of @foodicles on Instagram

If you want to try the best Filipino food, stop by Abe. They have authentic and flavorful dishes that represent the rich and hearty nature of our local cuisine.

4. People’s Palace

best

Photo courtesy of @eatfastdieyum on Instagram

It may seem strange to recommend eating Thai food in the Philippines, but People’s Palace has become a landmark in the country’s food scene. The pomelo salad, chicken pandan, pad thai, and mango sticky rice are all to die for.

5. Villa Escudero’s Waterfall Restaurant

best

Photo courtesy of @shaniapana on Instagram

best

Photo courtesy of @carlvillaluz on Instagram

Truly, this restaurant is the best place for an unforgettable Instagram. You can sit at bamboo tables, eat local food, and refresh yourself by jumping into the waterfall. It’s an experience unlike any other.

6. Neil’s Kitchen

best

best

Photo courtesy of @neilskitchen on Instagram

This place is a hotspot because of its fun and modern decorations. But its delicious dishes that combine Filipino food, Spanish food, and even French food are also reasons for this restaurant’s success.

7. Smith Butcher and Grill Room

best

Photo courtesy of phonebooky.com

The Philippines is a country that celebrates meat. But, amidst all of its steakhouses, there is a clear winner: Smith Butcher and Grill Room. The steaks in this restaurant are tender, juicy, and BIG. But fear not, vegetarians: their mushroom risotto is magical as well.

8. Sweet Ecstasy

best

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

This restaurant has the best burger in the country. No frills, no veggie alternatives, no extra stuff. Just a well-cooked, well-seasoned, well-sauced burger guaranteed to make you forget about all the other patties that you’ve eaten in your lifetime.

9. Boracay’s Two Seasons

best

Photo courtesy of @eatingmnl on Instagram

Boracay’s known for its beautiful white sand beach and picturesque sunsets, but its food is amazing, too. More specifically, Two Seasons’ Oyster Sisig is one of the best things you can eat in this tourist hotspot. It’s sizzling, spicy, and quite literally bursts with flavor.

10. Spiral’s Buffet

best

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Although pricey, this buffet is comparable to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. There’s a cheese room, a chocolate station, two long tables just for bread, and endless assortments of meat, vegetables, and anything and everything else you can eat. Make sure to come in a completely empty stomach, and be ready to leave with a hefty food baby.

11. Your Local

best

best

Your Local is a small restaurant tucked away between buildings. But don’t let the seemingly underwhelming exterior fool you. The trendy interior mirrors the decor of a speakeasy, and the menu boasts the best salmon and tofu dishes. They also have the most interesting looking (but delicious) squid ink burger.

12. Jollibee

best

Photo courtesy of @gomanila on Instagram

This is every Filipino’s childhood. Jollibee is the fast food place in the Philippines, and make sure to try their Chicken Joy. The extremely crunchy skin and juicy inside of the Chicken Joy is incomparable to any other fried chicken. If you’re a vegetarian, ask for the Palabok without meat.