The High Line is a great place for a stroll on a warm afternoon. A former railroad track, this elevated park is home to many intriguing food vendors. Unlike the typical street cart, these vendors offer refreshing twists on classic favorites.

Sunny High Line Snacks

Photo by Heather Harris

At the south end of the High Line, Melt Bakery offers a variety of miniature ice cream sandwiches. This small cart is known for its twist on classic flavor combinations. Flavors vary daily, but typically include the Lovelet–soft red velvet cake with cream cheese ice cream, and The Morticia–crackly chocolate cookies with malted chocolate rum ice cream. Each mini ice cream sandwich is sold for $2.50, and free samples are often available.

Sunny High Line Snacks

Photo by Heather Harris

For a healthier alternative, stop at the People’s Pops. Located near the 14th Street entrance, People’s Pops specializes in fresh fruit popsicles. They go at $3.50 a pop and have a selection of unusual flavors such as plum cherry, peach yogurt, rhubarb, or plum chai. With fresh fruit in each popsicle, this treat is a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth without the guilt of more decadent choices. The plum cherry, for example, balances the sweetness of the plum with a touch of sour cherry. Also available is a refreshing shaved ice that currently comes in either lemon basil or rhubarb.

With a view of the Hudson River, old railroad tracks, and reclining wooden benches, the High Line and its vendors are great for any sunny day.

cheap

Entrances:

• Gansevoort Street
  • 14th Street (elevator access)
  • West 16th Street (elevator access)
  • West 18th Street
  • West 20th Street
  • West 26th Street
  • West 28th Street
  • West 30th Street (elevator access)

Hours of Operation: Daily 7am-10pm