A few blocks from school, tucked away in the neighborhood homes of South Eugene lies the hidden gem of Sundance Natural Foods Market. When a person walks into Sundance Natural Foods, they can feel the warmth and the vibrant atmosphere radiating from the colorful assortment of fruits, vegetables, packaged goods and unique decor. Serving the Eugene community since the 1970’s, Sundance Natural Foods is all about local, organic and natural food.

Sundance Natural Foods

Photo by Lauren Young

Sundance Natural Foods has various types of butters, nuts, fruits, vegetables and flours for all food needs. If you can name it, Sundance probably has it. One of the coolest things Sundance has (in addition to their awesome decor) is their determination to share to their customers where the food came from and how it was made. There’s such an emphasis on educating others, sustainable sources, local goods and fair trade.

Sundance Natural Foods

Photo by Lauren Young

Sundance Natural Foods definitely highlights the best of Eugene’s eclectic culture. When you step into Sundance Natural Foods, you can’t help but smile at the history and the influence it has on customers. Even after 45 years, it’s still a local landmark in the community and is still sending out the same good vibes as it did long ago.

Sundance Natural Foods

Photo by Lauren Young

There’s something special about exploring your college town and getting to know the people and places that make it unique. So college students, if you’re ever on Alder St. headed toward 24th Ave. and want to see one of Eugene’s hidden gems, check out Sundance Natural Foods. You won’t be disappointed and you will leave feeling calm and educated, and with some good food too.