Whether you live on campus or at home, we all need a place where we can just relax. Make your way over to the SpecialTEA Lounge, where you can eat good, real food, and relax (or study) in their welcoming environment. Nestled in a plaza right across MMC, and offering a variety of teas, foods, and games, once you come in you'll never want to leave.

1. The Food

pesto, vegetable, fish, meat, cheese, tomato, lettuce, bread, sandwich
Anabelle Torres

Although they're mostly known for their tea, the SpecialTEA Lounge's food makes a spot on this list mostly because it's just so good. They offer a variety of food combinations that you can make into a panini, wrap, or salad, so you can change it up every time. Most (if not all) of their food has vegetarian and vegan alternatives and are made with local and/or organic ingredients. They also make vegan sweets, like cookies, brownies, and croissants, and offer a breakfast menu where you can make your own sandwich.

2. The Tea

milk
Anabelle Torres

The SpecialTEA Lounge offers an endless variety of teas in the form of ices, frozen, or hot. They even have a wall full of daily teas where you can smell their favorite blends while you're waiting to order. Not only that, but behind the counter there's even more blends that you can choose from. They serve over 60 kinds of fresh loose leaf teas and tisanes. They also offer coffees, smoothies, and cremes in a variety of flavors. 

3. The Staff

From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave, the staff at the SpecialTEA Lounge make you feel like you're at home. They know everything there is to know about their teas, food, and drinks, and if you don't know what to order, they'll always help you out with the best options. They're very chill, and usually begin to recognize you if you're a regular. 

4. The Games

Whether you're taking a study break or just chilling out, the lounge offers a variety of board games, books, and even a guitar to just hang out with your friends. They have classics, like chess and Chinese checkers, and your childhood favorites like Taboo and Connect4. Everything is donated, so if you don't see your favorite game you can add it to their collection. The books are free to take home as long as you leave one, so pass on your favorite book to any fellow Panther and drop it off at the shelf.

5. The Atmosphere

When you've left a dent in your chair at the library and you can feel yourself slowly falling into madness, the SpecialTEA Lounge is the place to go. Not only is it a change of scenery, but it's much more relaxing than cooping up in the far corner of the Green Library. Its chill music, quiet chatter, and soft couches will not only let you work in peace, but put your mind to rest.