Sketch London is undeniably magical. From the enchanted forest entryway to the futuristic toilets, this place is a small window into another reality. I visited Sketch to have the Night Before Christmas Afternoon Tea, and I’ve never felt more like Alice in Wonderland in my life.

water, tea, grass, coffee, bird
Heather-Jade Stanley

A waitress disguised as a beautiful Christmas fairy showed me to my table in the Gallery, a room decorated entirely in blush pink velvet and rose gold. My dream. You quite literally spend your afternoon feeling as though you’re looking through rose-tinted glasses. 

gastronomy, coffee, beer
Heather-Jade Stanley

The afternoon tea consists of teeny-tiny sandwiches and cakes, each one unbelievably decadent and rich. The salmon and caviar sandwich was definitely the fanciest thing I've ever eaten. The tiny pudding on the top tier was a cinnamon and mandarin cheesecake and it tasted like heaven (not that I've tasted heaven before). The waitstaff picks up your teapot and top you up when they notice you’ve taken a single sip, the service is that good.

coffee, cake, chocolate, wine
Heather-Jade Stanley

Halfway through, they brought out extra scones and cakes. It's all so kooky and cute, and a little Alice In Wonderland-esque. Everything has a quirky quote written on it—the sugar cube bowl read 'it's ok', so I took this as permission to add three to my tea. 

coffee, tea, cake, chocolate, sweet, dairy product
Heather-Jade Stanley

While the food here is delightful, one reason to go to Sketch is its bathroom. You heard me right. Picture this: you grab your squad a and head to the bathroom, only to walk up stairs surrounded by Christmas trees. At the top of the stairs, giant Easter egg-looking pod stalls. Truly, it's the most amazing thing ever. 

cake, coffee, beer
Heather-Jade Stanley

If you’re looking for something fancy and festive to do in London this holiday season, Sketch is the place to visit. A trip here would make a lovely Christmas present or a perfect birthday celebration destination. Grab your camera and your imagination, and don't be ashamed when you take 874 bathroom mirror-selfies.