Smoothie bowl places are taking college towns by storm, and Rush Bowls is catching in on the fun. Earlier this year in 2019, Rush Bowls opened a location in Bloomington, Indiana and all of the IU students are so excited about it. This popular nationwide chain is now satisfying the smoothie bowl crave in this Midwest town thanks to two Indiana University alum. Sitting right across from Memorial Stadium, it has some of the best smoothie bowls in Bloomington.

Katharine Lawrence

A Smoothie for Everyone!

After speaking to an employee of Rush Bowls in Btown, we learned that the two alumni had food allergies themselves and wanted to bring a healthy lifestyle to Indiana that caters to everyones’ food needs. Rush Bowls is proud to say that their bowls have no artificial sweeteners, no artificial additives, no artificial preservatives, and no MSG. Along with this, they also cater to those with dietary restrictions. Each smoothie is/can be vegan, vegetarian, wheat-free, nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and non-GMO. 

Let’s be real. College students are always on the go, trying to find a balance between class, homework, extracurriculars, and social lives, and sometimes leave their health to be last on the list of priorities. Rush Bowls offers healthy options for all those busy students who are in a RUSH to ensure their health is at the top. They take pride in focusing on the finest fresh and all-natural ingredients that add nutritious value. Rush Bowls aren’t just a part of your meal, they are your meal.

Katharine Lawrence

Each bowl is customizable! You want drink it out of a straw? Or with a spoon out of a bowl? They can make smoothies as bowls or bowls as smoothies. Unlike most smoothie bowl places, Rush Bowls offers an extensive menu between bowls and smoothies. Each with a funny and exciting name that gives a tease into the ingredients inside. There's “Summit Bowl,” “If Looks Could Kale,” “Espress(o) Yourself” and much more! They also have options that cater to the rough mornings after a night out with their “Poes’ Hangover” smoothie, or a hangover supplement you can add to any bowl or smoothie!

And for all the Instagrammers out there, these bowls sure are photogenic.

What makes Rush Bowls so good?

We discovered that the more toppings you add, the cuter the pics are! The bowls basics are granola and honey, but pay a little extra to have strawberries, bananas, blueberries, coconut shavings, chocolate chips, flax seeds, fresh made peanut butter, etc. Or add secret nutrition that people don’t see in the photo with soy protein, weight trimmer, chocolate whey, antioxidant, multivitamin, etc.

Katharine Lawrence

Rush Bowls is always creating new bowls to add to the menu depending on the season. If you have the desire to be a basic white girl, then their pumpkin spice bowl is just perfect in the fall. 

Whether you prefer a straw or a spoon, Rush over to North Dunn Street to see what everyone is raving about. Taste one of the best smoothie bowls in Bloomington for yourself. Find what satisfies your crave!