Craving some sweet, savory frozen yogurt, but dreading the walk to Kiwi? No worries, we’ve done some investigating and have found you the perfect solution at a convenient location. But what’s the catch, you ask? Well once you go, you won’t be able to stop. Just when you thought coffee couldn’t be paired with dessert, Saxby’s Cafe on 40th and Locust St. has brought you one of the best late night treats this campus has to offer.

Spotlight: Saxby’s FroYo

After banging out that 12-page paper or people watching as you read, musk up your courage and try this delectable treat. Or even treat yourself while catching up with a classmate or friend. You can’t go wrong with either flavor, and if vanilla doesn’t satisfy you, dress up your dessert with one of the amazing toppings offered. We promise, you won’t regret it.

Flavor Options: Tart or Cremosa 

Tart is the all natural “original” flavor. It is made from skim milk, this flavor is fat free and light-weight. Its consistency is similar to that of Sweetgreen’s, but less watery.

Cremosa is the creamier option.It is made with cream and contains milk fat. Its texture is similar to soft serve vanilla, but with a perfect non-overpowering vanilla yogurt flavoring.

frozen yogurt

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Toppings

Chocolate Biscotti: Think hot fudge…but with crunch candy bar pieces.

Lemon Cookie Biscotti: Yes, just like your favorite girl scout cookie and ALSO served warm.

Peanut Butter Biscotti: Warm, liquified crunchy peanut butter…mmm.

Others: Almonds, coconut shavings, granola, chocolate chips, M&M’s, Oreo cookie pieces, rainbow & chocolate sprinkles and fresh fruit (including pineapple, mango, strawberry, blueberries, blackberries).

Prices

• Small: $3.49 (without toppings)
  • Medium: $4.32
  • Large: $5.40

The first topping is a dollar, the following are each 50¢.

Note: The servers often have a heavy hand on the handles and also love to be generous with toppings.

Suggested Pairings:

• Tart with peanut butter and chocolate biscotti
  • Cremosa with Oreo cookie pieces and peanut butter biscotti
  • Cremosa with rainbow sprinkles (think Carvel soft-serve)
  • Tart with lemon cookie biscotti (Sounds weird? TRY IT!)
  • Tart/Cremosa with chocolate biscotti and coconut shavings. (Looking at all of you macaron fans!)
  • Tart with any of the Fresh Fruit (very Red Mango-esque)