A pint of ice cream is delicious year round, but there’s nothing better than grabbing a cone on the streets of NYC on a warm summer night. As vegan and dairy-free diets are becoming all the rage, vegans no longer have to miss out on the quintessential summer treat. Skip the Ben and Jerry’s and swing by one of these NYC spots for a cold vegan dessert that won’t disappoint.

Alchemy Creamery

Alchemy serves their dairy-free, gluten-free, kosher and vegan creations at Governor’s Island during the summer. Not only do they have vegan ice cream made of hazelnut, almond, and coconut milk, but they also have vegan ice cream push pops in flavors like lemon-lime and chocolate coconut that’ll take you way back.

Blythe Ann’s

vegan ice cream

Photo courtesy of Raquel C. on FourSquare

Blythe Ann’s used to be Lula’s Sweet Apothecary, but still serves up equally amazing sweet treats and creative flavors like maple and waffles, banana cream pie, and lavender.You can also get old-fashioned treats like egg creams and banana splits. Rumor has it Seth Rogen likes this place, too, so it’s gotta be good. 

Chloe’s Soft Serve Fruit Company

vegan ice cream

Photo courtesy of unionsquareblog.org

Chloe’s is the healthiest of all these tasty vegan spots because their soft serve has only 3 ingredients: fruit, water, and a little bit of sugar. It can’t get more refreshing than that, especially when flavors include pineapple, blood orange, and raspberry. Like typical froyo places, Chloe’s offers a huge range of healthy-ish toppings like natural PB and granola. With a max of 90 calories for 3.5-oz, I’ll take a bucket.

DF Mavens

DF Mavens has a spot in the East Village, but you can also pick up a pint in a grocery store near you if you live in NJ, NY, or CT. Depending on what you like or if you’re allergic to something, you can pick a flavor with an almond, coconut, or soy milk base. They even have a no-sugar added range if you’re looking to be extra healthy

Ice Cream House

vegan ice cream

Photo courtesy of theicecreamhouse.com

This is the place to go for any dietary restriction, whether it’s dairy-free, kosher, or gluten-free. With shops in Boro Park, Flatbush, and Williamsburg, you can find vegan treats for any occasion. Who knew it was even possible, but their ice cream cakes come in vegan varieties, too.

vegan ice cream

Photo courtesy of pop-bar.com

The pop gelato bars at Popbar might be incredibly tempting, but their pop sorbet bars are a delicious vegan-friendly option. They definitely aren’t limited in the flavor department, with 14 options like kiwi, mango, apricot, and lemon. The white chocolate gelato bar doesn’t stand a chance.

Scoops and Plates Eatery

vegan ice cream

Photo courtesy of Scoops and Plates

Scoops and Plates should be your go-to spot for all things vegan and vegetarian. If you want a full meal, try out a vegan hot dog or slice of lasagna before digging into a scoop of grape nuts-flavored vegan ice cream. The shop itself is tiny, so grab your cone and wander around Prospect Park.

Sweet Jane’s

vegan ice cream

Photo courtesy of godairyfree.org

Jane’s journey to opening a sweets shop in Astoria began with the quest to make the perfect fudgesicle. Turns out, it’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and non-GMO, too. She also makes ice creams with non-dairy milk so that a wider range of customers can enjoy her creations. Lucky us.

Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Creams

It is HOT today NYC, but we got Ya covered! ??☀️   A photo posted by Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream (@vanleeuwenicecream) on Jul 7, 2015 at 11:43am PDT

Van Leeuwen has been around since before the vegan diet craze took off with their truck in 2008. They now have shops in Manhattan and Brooklyn that serve 10 vegan flavors. The ingredients include cashew milk, organic coconut milk, organic extra virgin coconut oil, organic cane sugar, pure cocoa butter and organic carob bean that’ll taste amazing and make you feel good too. Gimme the peanut butter chocolate chip one asap.