London is riddled with everything any self-respecting foodie could ever dream of, but there’s a donut wonderland that is an absolute must when in London. Started as a pop-up doughnut shop, Dum Dum Donutterie has gradually expanded throughout London. There are currently three locations in the city: Box Park, Brick Lane, and Harrods.

Dum Dum Donutterie launched in late 2013, and is now the fastest growing doughnut brand in the UK. Dum Dum doughnuts are the world’s first artisan baked doughnut and croissant brand. Chef and Founder Paul Hurley had a vision to create ‘The Best Doughnut In The World’. The Dum Dum team of Donuttiers are pastry chefs or apprentices with a real passion for good, honest food.

dum dum donutterie

Photo by Noelle Johnson

Dum Dum Donutterie is a dank doughnut paradise, and is still popping up all over London and other glamorous places. There are even locations in Chelmsford, which is in East England, and Jumeirah Beach in Dubai. Let’s be honest, all donuts are good, even if you simply stick them in the microwave for eight seconds. But Dum Dum Donutterie’s doughs and cros are like no other because nothing is fried.

Yes, their doughs and cros aren’t fried and are made only with natural ingredients. Even better, they’re unbelievably delicious. How’s that possible? Well, all the doughs and cros are baked fresh every morning. So, technically your eating a salad.

This independent British company makes their doughs and cros fresh every morning. So, you can’t miss out on trying fresh, high quality and natural artisan doughnuts.

The Doughs and Cros

dum dum donutterie

Photo by Noelle Johnson

Poupi, an employee at Dum Dum, said her favorite dough is the Strawberry Ring, which is only 180 calories. This delicious doughnut is definitely a more simple dough compared to the others. So, if you’re a plain jane kind of person you would love it.

The first time I went to the Brick Lane location I just stood there and stared for a couple of minutes. There were so many flavors to choose from, so I ended up getting six. I know it’s hard to believe, but I didn’t actually eat that many by myself (honestly, I probably could have though).

dum dum donutterie

Photo courtesy of Poupi

Their most popular cro is the Zebra. It has layers of regular and chocolate croissant doughs, filled with chocolate buttercream and topped with chocolate ganache. My personal favorite is the Pistachio Cro. This doughnut and croissant layered Cro has almond infused buttercream inside. I took a bite, and suddenly it was gone. Some of their other flavors include Crême Brûlée, Toffee Apple and Almond Cream.

dum dum donutterie

Photo by Noelle Johnson

Dum Dum Donutterie opens early in the morning and stays open until they sell out. According to Poupi, if there are still doughnuts left in the afternoon they’ll bring them to a location that’s open a little later. Once the store closes, they do homeless runs and give them away instead of throwing them out.

Poupi said they’ve even tried reaching out to hostels but have been unsuccessful because of the food regulations hostels need to follow. But they aren’t giving up. Not only does Dum Dum give back to the community, but they also make the best donuts I’ve ever put into my mouth. Uniquely made, these dough’s and cros are some of London’s finest.