Valentine’s Day may have just passed, but that doesn’t mean you need to cut back on your chocolate consumption. Whether you’ve got the love bug for a crush or significant other, have an overly powerful sweet tooth or simply want to celebrate you, Zagat-rated Kee’s Chocolates has some of the tastiest and most original chocolates you can find. Even better, they also offers chocolate bars and macarons.

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

Kee’s has three Manhattan locations, two in midtown and a third in SoHo. The Thompson St. location is a few blocks from the Prince St. station or the Spring St. 6 train station, and is on a quiet block, away from all the hustling and bustling of Broadway.

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

Known best for her crème brûlée chocolate, chocolatier Kee Ling Tong hand makes all of her chocolates daily. Kee’s offers traditional chocolates such as mousse, champagne, coconut and almond flavors, in addition to unconventional flavors that range from honey kumquat to Thai chili, yuzu and ginger.

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

Choosing chocolates can be daunting since the selection brings together very intriguing combinations of flavors. The key lime is a satisfying combination of dark chocolate and tart lime, the Earl Grey has an interesting strong tea flavor and the blood orange has a pleasant citrusy aftertaste.

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

If you plan on trying Kee’s famous crème brûlée, make sure to get to the store early, as it sells out fast due to popular demand. No matter who you end up buying these treats for, they will not be disappointed. One piece from Kee’s and they will probably be hooked, onto the chocolate and onto you.

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

average

Location: 80 Thompson St. (bet Spring and Broome)
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 10am to 7pm, Sat 11am to 7pm, Sun 11am to 6pm