Figawi Weekend might just be the biggest weekend before the start of the summer on Nantucket. With a sailboat race and charity event, Figawi is basically an excuse for fratty college kids to have one last party before heading off to their summer internships and for the adults to relive their glory days. Filled with debauchery galore, the island is packed to the brim with visitors and overflowing with alcohol. Here are some tips to surviving this Figawi Weekend.

The Corner Table

figawi

Photo courtesy of @nantucket_culinary on Instagram

To prep for the busy weekend, coffee first! Visit the Corner Table Cafe, part of the new Nantucket Culinary Center on 22 Federal Street, for an exceptional brew of coffee that will jumpstart your weekend.

Next, it’s time for breakfast.

The Green

figawi

Photo courtesy of @thegreennantucket on Instagram

Just a few minutes out of town, The Green is the go-to place for quick, healthy, and utterly delicious eats. They offer fresh-pressed juices, smoothies, breakfast sandwiches and burritos, as well as an array of gluten-free/vegan muffins and pastries to satisfy even the most picky vegan of your group. My personal fav? The Vegan Breakfast Sandwich – whole wheat bagel, almond butter, avocado, and sautéed kale. Unreal.

Cisco Brewery

figawi

Photo courtesy of @nantucketblackbook on Instagram

A trip to Nantucket just wouldn’t be complete without visiting Cisco Brewery. This Memorial Day Weekend, make the trip down to Cisco on Sunday to kill that wicked hangover. This Sunday, May 29th starting at 3 pm come down to see the Aldous Collins Band live and enjoy a cold beer Coconut Mojito.

The Nautilus

figawi

Photo by Carly Goroff

As dinner time slowly rolls around, #treatyourself and stop by the Nautilus for creative cocktails and mouth-watering morsels. This lively venue will keep the fun going but be sure to satisfy your growling stomach, and then some. Try the Tuna Poké and Indonesian Fried Chicken Drumettes.

Now that you’re nourished, go enjoy the Figawi festivities. Straight Wharf and The Gazebo are classic venues that will offer lively music, flowing drinks, and good company all weekend long. If you’re lucky, you might even walk away with a coveted Figawi baseball hat, a Figawi tradition.

Well there ya have it folks. The best eats and treats on Nantucket to fuel the best weekend!