In April of 2012, I was fortunate enough to take in the sights, sounds, aromas and cuisine of Greece. My favorite part, being a foodie, was experiencing the authentic tastes of the country’s food. Gyros, Spanakopita, Moussaka and Greek salad with feta cheese are traditional staple meals. Since my return to the states I have not found Greek cuisine that compares to “the real deal.” Recently, I was able to fill that void in State College at a restaurant called The Greek.

As soon as you step foot into this hot spot, it feels as if you have teleported to the country of Greece itself. The owners of the restaurant want to make you feel as if you’re in downtown Athens. I highly recommend this restaurant to eat in, to order take out from or to choose for a date night.

10154683_10152022667602916_580049059_n

Photo by Nikki Katz

During my dining experience, the waitress was phenomenal. A manager also walked around the dining floor to make sure business was running smoothly and efficiently. She wanted to ensure that our experience was top-notch, and it sure was. The Greek offers a full menu for eat in, a to-go bar and take out. The restaurant is BYOB, for those of age. Wine glasses are provided, and there is no corking fee!

My dining experience included:

Appetizer: Rich, tomato- basil soup that was hot and delicious.
Main Dish: Moussaka- a rendition on Greek’s finest dish. The State College version was almost just as good!
Dessert: Melt in your mouth Baklava with great coffee.

10153361_10152022667247916_662220505_n

Photo by Nikki Katz

I can’t say enough about how exceptional my experience at The Greek truly was. The best way to understand is to try this spot out for yourself! Take your significant other on a hot date to The Greek. Their website and full Greek menu can be found here.

average

Location: 102 E Clinton Ave, State College, PA 16803

Hours of Operation: Monday- Saturday 5 PM- 9 PM