Everybody loves ice cream. It's the perfect dessert— cold, creamy, dense, and rich. With so many flavors, brands, and varieties to choose from, picking out a pint of ice cream at the supermarket can be difficult. However, after trying Graeter's ice cream, my decisions from now on will be much easier.

Graeter's, based out of Ohio, makes the most incredible ice cream, using only the highest quality and most delicious ingredients. What sets them apart from the rest is their French Pot method of making their ice creams. The flavors are made in small two gallon batches. The French Pot method is a long process, but it yields an even richer, creamier product. Another stand out quality of Graeter's is their huge—and I mean huge—chocolate chunks that make an appearance in many of their pints.

Listed below are the unofficial rankings of a couple of Graeter's flavors.

Black Cherry Chocolate Chip

As part of team "no fruit flavored ice cream", I really didn't expect this flavor to do it for me. However, after one bite of the sweet-yet-tart cherry ice cream, loaded with gigantic chocolate chunks (some didn't even fit on my spoon) and cherries, I was in love. Definitely my favorite flavor on this list.

Rating: 10/10

Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip

Again, since I am not a fruity ice cream fan, I wasn't expecting to love this as much as I did. This ice cream was slightly less sweet than the cherry flavor, but still packed full of the giant chocolate chunks that Graeter's is known for and full of black raspberry flavor.

Rating: 9/10

Chocolate Chunk

While not as exciting as the fruity flavors, Graeter's simple vanilla base paired perfectly with their signature semi-sweet chocolate. If you like more traditional flavors, this one is for you.

Rating: 8/10

Mint Chocolate Chip

This flavor featured a bright mint flavor that was complemented by more chocolate chunks. Although it was refreshing, I prefer a stronger mint flavor from my ice cream. However, if you are into a subtle mint flavor, you'll dig this one.

Rating: 8/10

Original Salted Caramel

Graeter's went light with the slated caramel flavor here, but it was nonetheless creamy and tasty. My only wish would be for the salted caramel flavor to stand out more, which could be done by having a swirl of caramel in the ice cream.

Rating: 7/10

Madagascar Vanilla Bean

A classic done right. Creamy, flavorful, and rich vanilla flavored ice cream that will make you wonder why every vanilla ice cream doesn't taste this good. The only reason this flavor received a lower rating is because I was missing those huge Graeter's chocolate chunks that I love.

Rating: 7/10

Where To Buy

Graeter's has scoop shops all over Ohio and Kentucky, along with some shops Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Indiana. If you don't live near any of these states, however, you can find Graeter's at a store near here, or you can order their ice cream directly from their website. No matter how you get it, Graeter's Ice Cream will surely not disappoint.