Chaia, everyone’s favorite farm-to-taco farmer’s market stand finally opened its brick and mortar store on November 18! After much speculation and waiting, the new store is airy, bright and beautiful. Here’s why you should go there rn:

It’s fast casual and affordable

Chaia

Photo courtesy of Chaia

Chaia is your new favorite Chipotle: It’s tastier, better for the environment, and just as fast, delicious and cheap. There are about 25 seats in the space, both upstairs and downstairs. You can get your tacos to go as well, making it the perfect lunch spot. A trio of tacos will set you back $11 and a glass of beer is only $5, making it budget and student friendly.

Chaia’s expanded menu has something for everyone

Not only do they now have five varieties of tacos on the menu, but they also have seasonal sides and desserts. Chaia has teamed up with Rise Bakery, a gluten free bakery in Adams Morgan, to create their own spin on a snickerdoodle, the “caneta.” Additionally, they have a Seven-Spice Chocolate Bar, also a collaboration product with the local company, Chocotenango.

Their drink selection is on point

Chaia

Photo courtesy of Chaia

For hot drinks, Chaia is serving Vigilante coffee (DC) and Bellocq teas (Brooklyn). They also will be serving their rather exotic seasonal shrubs, which are delicious, slightly sweet and fizzy drinks that date back to the Colonial Era. Georgetown-born Misfit Juicery is supplying two varieties of cold-pressed juices on tap. And best of all, Chaia will be serving alcohol. They have two local beers on tap along with three types of wine.

They serve vegetable tacos that won’t leave you missing meat

Chaia

Photo courtesy of washingtonpost.com

Chaia has expanded their menu to now include five seasonal, vegetable-based tacos that will rotate throughout the year, depending upon local and seasonal vegetable availability. Each taco combination is thoughtfully curated, leaving you entirely satisfied and perfectly satiated.

The restaurant is beautiful enough to sit in all day

Chaia

Photo courtesy of Chaia

What used to be a woodworking shop, was converted into an all day hangout spot, with the exposed brick wall keeping a bit of the history alive. Designed with the words bohemian, farm and feminine in mind, the store has great vibes and a friendly atmosphere. Lovely details such as tiles imported from Mexico, and a menu designed by a local female graphic designer give the space a great feel.

Eggs!

Chaia will continue to offer eggs as an optional add-on on the weekends. You can get them fried or scrambled inside your veggie tacos. All their eggs are sourced from Farmer Tom of Waterview Foods, a renowned Maryland-based farm that raises chickens for eggs.

It’s the only fast-casual restaurant in DC run and owned by women

Chaia

Photo courtesy of Chaia

Chaia was founded by close friends Suzanne Simon and Bettina Stern, who wanted to share the beautiful, flavorful food they love to cook for their family and friends with the larger community. Inspired by their work as food writers and educators, their love of Mexican cooking and their roots, they created a female powered business that would make Beyonce proud.

Totally allergen friendly

All tacos, sides and desserts are gluten free, eggs are entirely optional, and cheese can be held from most tacos, making them lactose-intolerant and vegan friendly.