New York City is home to some of the best Broadway shows and   dining establishments. If you're looking to enjoy a meal before seeing a Broadway show, there is a lot to choose from. There are tourist classics such as Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gump and Planet Hollywood, but if you're looking for fine dining, then you want to visit Nisi NYC. 

What Is Nisi NYC?

Nisi NYC is a mediterranean restaurant located in Manhattan's theater district. Nisi is known for their contemporary Mediterranean cuisine prepared by Chef Nikola Carvels, warm hospitality and refreshing design. 

What's On The Menu?  

Nisi offers a lunch, dinner, brunch and pre theatre menu. For this article, I'm going to talk mainly about the pre-theater prix fix menu. 

The pre-theater menu consists of an appetizer, entree and dessert for $45. For the quality of the food and the location of the restaurant, $45 per person is an exceptional price. It is important to note that is offer is only available until 6pm. 

Photo Courtesy of Katrine Moite

Some of the appetizers include calamari, grilled halloumi bruschetta, mezze spreads, lamb moussaka spring rolls, mixed greens and soup. I had the calamari and was blown away by the flavor and texture. I tend to stay away from seafood, especially calamari due to past experiences at other restaurants where it has been too chewy, but that was definitely not the case. The calamari was cooked perfectly and was served with a spicy aioli which enhanced the overall flavor.

Photo Courtesy of Katrine Moite

The entrees were really where the menu came to life. From pasta and seafood to classic mediterranean dishes, Nisi had an option for everyone. For an entree, I decided to try the grilled salmon. Salmon is probably one of my top five favorite foods and this did not disappoint. The grilled salmon was served alongside sautéed spinach, cauliflower puree, lemon and EVOO. The salmon was very moist and the puree paired perfectly with it. 

Casey Clark

Now on to my favorite part of any meal: dessert. For dessert, I decided to try the creme brûlée. The other dessert options included yogurt mousse and and mediterranean delights. I've never had creme brûlée before, but it was delicious. I loved how it was blow-torched on the top which gave it a crunch. 

Overall Thoughts

I was thoroughly impressed with Nisi's high quality food and service. Our waitress was extremely attentive and made sure everything was out in a timely manner so that we could make our show. We made it to the show with plenty of time to spare due to Nisi's close proximity to NYC's most famous venues. If you are looking to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city for a meal, Nisi is definitely the place to go to escape from the crowds and enjoy an incredible meal. The atmosphere was very relaxed and it felt like I was eating on the water which is something I've never experienced before. 

To find out more about Nisi, follow them on Instagram and check out their website.