I’ll admit, Omaha, Nebraska may not be the most exciting place to call home for the summer; however, for a foodie such as myself, Omaha proves to be a diamond in the rough.  So when my sweet tooth and I happened upon the quaint, yet bustling eCreamery ice cream shop, I knew it would be worth revisiting.

eCreamery

Photo by Priyanka Godbole

Several factors (besides the delicious flavors) make this local business stand out: eCreamery features an online website where virtually anyone in the continental United States can design completely customized ice cream flavors with their own creative names and have the pints shipped to their home from the shop.

Additionally, the store’s two owners/founders Becky App and Abby Jordan were featured on ABC’s Shark Tank in 2012 where they presented the sharks with customized flavors such as ‘Shark Bait’, which still remains a customer favorite in the store today.

eCreamery

Photo by Priyanka Godbole

The shop’s popularity skyrocketed yet again in the summer of 2015, when Paul McCartney and Warren Buffett decided to stop by for dessert after dinner, and got featured in this selfie taken by a local teenager.

With home-grown roots and free standard same-day shipping, it’s not surprising that eCreamery is gathering a lot of attention outside of Nebraska as well. Online best-selling flavors include Chocolate Cake Ice Cream with Fudge Swirls and Brownie Bites, Mint Cookie Crunch and Turtle Latte.

eCreamery

Red velvet gelato with rainbow sprinkles. Photo by Priyanka Godbole

So whether you decide to plan your next vacation to the exotic plains of Nebraska or not, you can still have delicious, made-to-order homemade ice cream or gelato appear at your doorstep with a few clicks of your mouse.