I first heard about D’Lites a few months ago after I noticed it being repeatedly featured on many of my friends’ snapchat stories (when I say repeatedly, I mean everyday). Eventually I gave it a try and not long after my first spoonful of their soft serve ice cream, I was hooked. Since then, I have introduced all of my friends to what I consider the best ice cream in Gainesville. So what’s so great about it?

D'Lites

Photo by Maddie Harlow

As most college students are avoiding the freshman fifteen, I’m enjoying D’Lites ice cream with no shame. A small cup of D’Lites (4 ounces) is only 50 calories. Feeling ambitious? Get a pint of your favorite flavor for just 200 calories (16 ounces). This is the perfect treat for when you don’t want to break the calorie bank, but still want something sweet and satisfying.

D'Lites

Photo courtesy of @rkrockwell on Instagram

If you’re anything like me, low-calorie, low-sugar, low-carb desserts scare you. After all, desserts are supposed to be bad for you. While D’Lites has the low cal/sugar/carb/ vibe going on, the ice cream still tastes out of this world; I promise you would never know how healthy it is for you.

#SpoonTip: They don’t even use any artificial sweeteners.

D'Lites

Photo by Maddie Harlow

D’Lites features different flavors every day of the week. From Caramel Cappuccino Fudge to Yellow Cake Batter, there’s a flavor for everyone. My personal favorite flavor is Angel Food Cake because it’s just so rich and creamy. Last week I tried Chocolate Egg Cream (whaaaat?) and I fell in love all over again.

I still get excited every time I walk in because I know free samples are coming my way. You should definitely sample a few flavors to find your favorite (and because free ice cream never hurt nobody).

D'Lites

Photo courtesy of @lisylobos on Instagram

Let’s talk toppings. I have a thing for gummy bears, and I think D’Lites pairs perfectly with them. They also have a confetti topping which is mini chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles mixed together.

Some more fan favorites include Twix, Oreos, and cookie dough bites (seriously, shout out to those cookie bites). Don’t worry if you aren’t into toppings though because D’Lites is equally amazing on its own.

D'Lites

Photo courtesy of @leekatharine on Instagram

The best part? D’Lites offers a punch card. After every six cups (so basically every week if you like D’Lites as much as I do) you get a free cup. Tuesday is double punch day, so you get two punches for the price of one. And on Wednesdays it’s buy 2 get 1 free, so grab a few friends and get some discounted soft-serve.

D'Lites

Photo courtesy of @munchingisahabit on Instagram

Bottom line: I would still choose D’Lites over any other ice cream in Gainesville, it’s just that good.