If you’re anything like me, you’re all about finding deals. It’s important to spend as little as possible, because (let’s be real), we’re in college and don’t have a ton of cash. So when I heard about the $4 burger special at Charley’s, I was stoked. On Thursdays from 5-10 pm you can get a ½ pound burger (beef or veggie), ½ of a pound of fries and a huge glass of your favorite Coke product for only $4 bucks.

Admittedly, it ends up being more than $4 once you add your choice of about a zillion toppings, but it’s totally worth it. If you’re trying to spend as little money as possible, the ketchup, mustard, mayo and lettuce are free. But if you don’t mind spending a bit more, you can add your favorite cheese for $0.90, thick-cut bacon for $0.90, fresh avocado spread for $0.60 and a whole slew of other toppings for $0.90 or less.

In case you need some inspiration for what to put on your burger, here are a few tasty combinations:

Classic Cheeseburger ($5.80):

• American Cheese
  • Pickles
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Onion

Spicy Southwestern Burger* ($7.30)
*This would taste good with a veggie patty, too.

• Pepper jack cheese
  • Jalapeños
  • Chipotle mayo
  • Avocado spread
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Onion

Badass Bacon Burger ($6.40):

• Bacon
  • Sweet (or spicy) BBQ sauce
  • Cheddar cheese
  • Onion rings
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Pickles

California Burger* ($6.80)
*This one’s actually on the non-$4 burger menu, but it costs you several bucks less to reconstruct it yourself.

• Provolone cheese
  • Bacon
  • Avocado spread
  • Mayo

So next Thursday, pull those crumpled dollar bills out from your backpack, round up a group of friends and go get cheap burgers at Charley’s.

Photo by Alex Weiner

cheap

Address: 1140 S University Ave (on the corner of South U. and Church, underneath BTB/Cantina).
Hours: Monday-Friday, 11 am – 2 am, Saturday-Sunday 11 am – 2 am (Thursday burger special is from 5-10pm only).