Ever since its opening in May, the KC streetcar has been bustling with activity. Just within two days of it’s opening, it had 27,000 riders. While it’s a great way to connect the city, the best aspect of it is that it’s practically begging you to try all of Kansas City’s greatest cuisine along the route. And who needs convincing when it comes to eating?

Since the ride is free, that means even more money can be spent on food, so let me tell you the best places to eat along the 2.2 mile route.

River Market West: il Lazzarone

Kansas City

Photo courtesy of @annapetrow on Instagram

At il Lazarrone you get food and ~vibes~ for the price of one. This hipster Neapolitan pizza place serves traditional Italian style pizza. You will cry tears of joy as you sink your teeth into the soft, fresh out of the oven crust. You might be in KC, but your tastebuds will certainly be in Italy.

City Market: Beignet

Kansas City

Photo by Mehr Shah

One step into the place and you will feel like you’re in NOLA. The restaurant offers a multitude of decadent, mouthwatering flavors. One bite and you’ll be convinced that they’re not frying up dough, but rather actual pieces of heaven at this place.

PS: the mac and cheese is divine.

9th and Main: Sasha’s Baking Co

Kansas City

Photo courtesy of Sasha’s Baking Co on Facebook

This quaint French bakery is the perfect stop to grab a quick lunch and some croissants to go. And let me tell you, by some croissants I actually mean all the croissants, because you will not find any croissant as flaky, fluffy and buttery as the ones here.

Power and Light: BRGR

Kansas City

The french fries, onion rings, and tater tots trio (the holy trinity) is truly a religious experience. Need I say more?

Kauffman Center: Webster House

Kansas City

Photo courtesy of Webster House on Facebook

This swanky place is full of history and character. The restaurant is within a restored 1885 landmark schoolhouse building, so basically with every bite you take you’re contributing to Kansas City history. On top of the great atmosphere, the restaurant has some of the best desserts in town.

Crossroads: Extra Virgin

Kansas City

This Mediterranean restaurant is known for its eclectic energy and tantalizing tapas. Trust me, these tapas will definitely make you feel on tapa the world.

Union Station: Pierpont

Kansas City

Photo courtesy of Pierpont’s at Union Station

Union station is full of beautiful architecture and rich history, and Pierpont is right within all of it. Let me assure you that the food is just as amazing as the ambiance. Order the fried calamari. You will thank me.