Koreatown is more than just good Korean BBQ, watermelon soju and karaoke. After sunset, the city enclave comes to life with crowds spilling out of its restaurants and onto the night streets. During the day however, lunch specials are galore: cheap, delicious, available to-go, and with shorter lines.

BCD Tofu House

Photo by Delissa Handoko

One of our favorite lunch spots? BCD Tofu House, for tofu and meat lovers.  Originally from Los Angeles, this restaurant chain has since expanded into New York City and continues to win our hearts (and tummies). Each meal starts with a selection of traditional Korean-style appetizers: marinated squid, kimchi, and pickled vegetables. Diners also get a serving of batter-fried fish along with rice served in a stone pot.

BCD Tofu House

Photo by Delissa Handoko

Lunch specials start from $13.99 and feature a wide range of entree options, from BBQ short ribs to spicy raw crab and hot-stone bibimbap. Each special also comes with assorted beef and seafood tofu stew. Choose your level of spiciness for the stew for optimal meal savory-ing.

BCD Tofu House

Photo by Delissa Handoko

Bound to leave you stuffed and happy, BCD Tofu House packs tons of grub for a great price alongside spot-on service. Head on over!

BCD Tofu House

Photo by Delissa Handoko

We love it: BCD Tofu House is open 24 hours a day, making any time the right time to enjoy some good ol’ Korean food.

average

Location: 5 W. 32nd Street, New York, NY 10001
Hours of Operation: 24/7