For all you brunch lovers out there, there is a new restaurant in town that will satisfy all your pancake and omelet cravings.  Located on the corner of Bassett and Johnson Street lies the newest breakfast hot spot, The Bassett Street Brunch Club.  After a crazy weekend full of football and chaos, this is the perfect place to unwind on a Sunday morning.

safir_basset_slakter

Photo by Alie Safir

The décor differs from any conventional diner that you may have eaten at before. It gives off the typical diner vibe, but with a twist of contemporary art, leather seating and the use of vibrant colors.  The fun color scheme and arrangement of the restaurant makes the experience more enjoyable. Alongside the aesthetically pleasing décor, the main aspect that draws in customers to this modern day diner is without a doubt, the food.

safir_basset_slakter

Egg white omelet with Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and spinach. Photo by Alie Safir

The menu is overflowing with delicious and unique breakfast items, as well as original and savory deli-styled sandwiches.  Entrées range from eggs benedict to typical Wisconsin grilled cheese, making it nearly impossible to choose just one.  But there is one thing that you MUST try from this vast menu.  The Bassett Street Brunch club is known for it’s scrumptious, original, homemade doughnuts.  Every few days it alternates it’s flavors so you can try something new each time you go. An opening month favorite has been the maple bacon flavored doughnut.

safir_basset_slakter

Cinnamon toast crunch doughnut. Photo by Alie Safir

From doughnuts to veggie potpie, The Bassett Street Brunch Club really has it all.  The best part of this restaurant opening is that Madison finally has a place to get breakfast all day, every day! Brunch items are served here from the time the doors open to the time they close.  So for those of you who have those “breakfast for dinner” cravings every now and then, The Bassett Street Brunch Club is definitely the place for you.

Price:

average

Address:  444 West Johnson Street, Madison, WI 53703
Hours of operation: Mon – Wed: 7am – 10pm, Thurs: Fri 7am – 12am, Sat: 8am – 12am, Sun: 8am – 10pm