Founded in 2012, French Truck Coffee has taken the world of dark roast, original blend, and tea in New Orleans by storm. The owner, Geoffrey Meeker, started his work with a machine in his laundry room. Four years later, he’s selling his blends to grocery stores like Whole Foods all over New Orleans and the southern U.S. I’d say he’s killin’ the game.

french truck coffee

Photo courtesy of @frenchtruck on Instagram

Lucky for you, French Truck Coffee has graced New Orleans with two locations. The coffee shop on Magazine Street is a quaint yellow structure where you can roll in, grab your drink, and peace out. The other location on Dryades Street is a cafe where you can find your study groove, catch up with a friend, or get started on a new book. They deliver their blends, too, so if you order online, the actual French Truck Coffee vehicle will show up at your location. #blessed

If you’re not sold yet, here are seven reasons why you need to give French Truck Coffee your dime this summer because how else are you going to get your caffeine fix.

1. Four Words: New Orleans Iced Coffee

french truck coffee

Photo courtesy of @smilenow24 on Instagram

There’s no better way to beat the New Orleans heat than with a delicious iced coffee, and French Truck Cafe is the place to find it. Perfectly sweet and caffeinated, this drink will give you the pick you up you need at any point during the day.

2. Loyalty Card

french truck coffee

The greatness of the coffee will have you rolling in the next day, but the added bonus is that you’ll have a punch card in hand. Shoutout to the loyalty card system because as each truck is punched, the anticipation for the eighth punch builds because that means free drink. #blessup

3. So. Many. Options.

french truck coffee

The cafe menu is a dream. They have all the classics you could ever want to find at a coffee shop. Macchiato, latte, iced coffee, tea, or just a cup and all for good prices. But, they also have blends you can buy in their bags to take home, from coffee beans of Peru to Colombia.

4. It’s Fresh

french truck coffee

Hugh Jackman said it himself, “To me the smell of fresh-made coffee is one of the greatest inventions.” I’d say we’d all have to agree with you, Mr. Jackman, and that being said, we can find a fresh cup or plate of food at French Truck Coffee.

5. Great Music

french truck coffee

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Order your drink, grab a pastry, find a table, and just chill. Read a book or just sit and listen. You’re guaranteed to always hear a good playlist, and nothing helps boost the aesthetic of a place or flavor of a food better than a killer Spotify.

6. Happy Hour

french truck coffee

Only at the Dryades Street location, you can find a new component to the coffee shop’s schedule. They’ve added a Happy Hour with $4 beer and $6 glass of wine, Wednesday through Sunday from 4 to 6 pm. How could you not say yes to this?

7. It’s Instagrammable

french truck coffee

Photo courtesy of @michaelgnarbreaux on Instagram

If you go to a coffee shop and don’t snap a photo of your drink, did you even go? You’ll 10/10 get tons of likes on your photo of the barista’s latte art.

Say yes to French Truck Coffee. Give it a try. “Do it.” -Shia Labeouf