If you are a practicing Catholic, this text seems hauntingly familiar to you. The season of Lent is now upon us, which means you will be getting this message again very, very, very soon...

steak, pizza, beer, coffee
Rose Lesko

Growing up your parent(s) always took care of you so you never had to worry about what to make for dinner. But now you are in college, where you feed yourself. And somehow, the realization that on Friday, you can't eat meat for 24 hours is... world ending. *Cue Britney Spears in 2007*

No, it's not hard to go without meat for a day, I mean hell, vegetarians make a life out of it. But we all know the feeling: when you tell yourself you can't have something, you automatically want it. 

So when you wake up craving a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, it's hard. Sure, you can get the breakfast sandwich without the bacon, but that would be too easy. And you are not easy, you're extra. So you refuse the breakfast sandwich and now your Friday is ruined.

So here are some meatless meal suggestions to make this Friday a little less dramatic.

1. FERGNDAN'S WOOD FIRED PIZZA

Pizza is always the go-to. If you want quality, deliciousness and an unforgettable experience, make sure to stop by their food truck to get a personal pizza. You can never go wrong with their plain ol' Margarita! And if you're feeling a little extra, then get the cheese sticks to start off with and/or the S'more pizza for dessert!

2. SOUTH DEPOT TACO SOUP

This may sound like a tease, as your usual order will most likely consist of a meat like chicken. But truth be told, you can skip the meat and go with some veggies. Or order a large queso and guac and enjoy your life. Your choice.

3. PANERA BREAD

If you're craving something like comfort food, your search is now over. Panera Bread offers countless options that are meatless. I recommend the Vegetarian Creamy Tomato Soup and the classic Grilled Cheese. 

4. BOURE

Do you want to have a nice night out on the square? Well, Boure is the place to go. It may be heavy on your wallet, but it definitely has countless options that are meat free. We recommend the Boure "Bomb" Fried Shrimp Po-Boy!

5. AJAX

If you want a hearty home style meal for a reasonable price, this is your place. We recommend either the Ajax Salad or the Southern Fried Catfish! You will be licking your plate clean after this!

6. ST. LEO'S

Craving simple, but classy? St. Leo is the place you'll want to visit. We recommend the Bianca Pizza, and if you want to stay hydrated get a Black Cherry and Lime Prosecco Pop!

7. VOLTA TAVERNA

Sure, you've heard of their margaritas, but have you heard about their dinner? We recommend getting the Salad with Grilled Shrimp Wrap, some Pita Bread and Hummus and of course, a margarita.

So good luck and have a happy meatless Friday!