No one can argue that Boston isn’t huge on the restaurant scene. From the classy North End with pasta at every turn to the bustling Chinatown with all the lo mein and bubble teas you could ask for, there is no shortage on delicious food in this city.

However, there’s definitely a lack of options for plant-lovers, unless you know exactly where to find them. Whether you’re actually a vegetarian or simply need some more greens in your system, you’ll be happy to hear that Boston has many leafy options (not limited to salads) at no cost to its mouth-watering taste.

1. Spicy Sabzi Salad from Sweetgreen

vegetarian

Photo by Karena Yan

Sweetgreen is one of the more popular restaurants with great vegetarian eats. This salad is actually vegan, and has add-ons like spicy broccoli, raw beets, carrots, and roasted organic tofu. It is just one out of a bunch of amazing salads that are prepared right in front of you at Sweetgreen, but if none of them are your thing, you can customize your own by choosing from a wide variety of leafy bases, toppings, and homemade dressings.

2. Seitan Cutlet from Veggie Galaxy

vegetarian

Photo courtesy of @veggiegalaxy on Instagram

This restaurant is my personal favorite. It’s a vegetarian diner with an old-school vibe, and the atmosphere is very upbeat and bustling. Dishes like this one are not just for vegetarians — in fact, there are a ton of flavorful options on the menu, including all-day breakfast options, black bean or mushroom chickpea burgers, and typical entrees like mac n’ cheese. Whether you’re going for the vintage feel or more modern vegetarian options, Veggie Galaxy is a great restaurant for everyone.

3. Adventurer Bowl from Life Alive

vegetarian

Photo by Christina Chu

Quinoa bowls should be a staple in everyone’s diet. Period. They are nutrient-packed and easily customizable, as told by Life Alive’s wide array of options. The Adventurer Bowl is stuffed with corn, beets, kale, almonds and tofu or legumes, all mixed in with Life Alive’s one-of-a-kind sesame ginger nama sauce. The restaurant has an earthy, hippy vibe and is decked out in Buddha statues, colorful paintings and decorations, and tons of plants.

4. Thai Mango Salad from My Thai Vegan Cafe

vegetarian

Photo by Karena Yan

This colorful dish is one of many at My Thai Vegan Cafe, a restaurant located in Chinatown with a huge menu and bubble tea selection. This cafe is on the second floor of its building, offering a bit of peace as you look down on the hundreds of pedestrians and drivers below. My Thai Vegan Cafe even offers vegetarian “chicken” and “turkey” options that honestly might even taste better than the real thing.

5. Athena Bowl from Solbean

vegetarian

Photo by Karena Yan

This restaurant is a bit farther from Boston (about 20-30 minutes outside the city), but trust me, it’s worth it. This cute cafe welcomes everyone, from college girls just coming back from the gym to older folks taking a lunch break or catching up with friends.

The Athena Bowl is packed with quinoa, veggies, and hummus, but Solbean also offers other things like wraps, salads, paninis, and amazing smoothies. If you want, you can BYOV (bring your own veggies—yep, that’s what they call it) and they can make a smoothie or juice out of them for you.

6. Chickpea Fritter from Clover Food Lab

vegetarian

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Clover Food Lab is actually all over Boston—they have locations in Kendall Square, Harvard Square, and East Cambridge. They even have food trucks at various locations around the city.

This chickpea fritter is complete with a whole wheat pita, homemade hummus, and tomato and cucumber salad. Clover prides themselves in being a fast food chain, but they prepare all their food fresh that day, use locally grown, organic food, and constantly change their menu to use season ingredients.

7. Tofu Scramble from True Bistro

vegetarian

Photo courtesy of vegginoutandabout.com

If you’re trying to impress a vegan date, this is the place to take them. True Bistro offers a brunch and dinner menu, both entirely vegan. It’s also perfect for any kind of meal—whether you’re going for a quick bite for brunch or a romantic dinner complete with dim lighting and white table cloths, they’ve got you covered.

They’re popular for their ravioli, which are filled differently for every season, and their vegan, coconut-based ice cream that they get from a local business.

I’m actually not a vegetarian, but eating veggies is so good for you and can make you feel great (especially after a night of too many burgers and fries…we all do it). Luckily, these vegetarian gems make it easy for you to feel good about yourself and do your body a favor.