There are plenty of places in Edinburgh that are lovely enough to let you bring your own booze (most often due to the lack of a license). If you happen to be wandering around Central Edinburgh looking for lunch, we’ve got you covered there too.

1. Tuk Tuk Indian Street Food

BYOB

Photo by Olivia Wassén

This place offers a wide range of Indian tapas – a Godsent concept allowing you to taste everything from traditional Indian curries to mini lamb burgers. The place, located just off the Bruntsfield bit of the Meadows, is trending pretty hard right now so you might have to wait a bit if you show up spontaneously. Alternatively, book a table. Definitely worth it though.

2. Nile Valley Cafe

BYOB

Photo courtesy of @misspiggyuk from Instagram

Most of you will know this place for their wonderful lunch wraps but might not know that they also serve dinner. Although the price jacks up a little, the dinner offers African recipes such as tender chicken and spiced okra.

#SpoonTip: You might just get away with ordering the wraps later in the day if you ask nice enough.

3. Bodega

BYOB

Photo courtesy of ilovebodega.com

This Mexican taqueria is located on Elm Row and offers a fantastic, vibrant menu. Although constantly changing, classic items such as carne asada along with more diverse taco toppings like crunchy chickpeas feature. A smaller joint with a very genuine feel to it that makes the trek over to Leith a joy.

4. TriBeCa

BYOB

Photo courtesy of @carolinedodds from Instagram

Not only is it close to campus, but they also cater to students by offering 50% every Tuesday evening. This, obviously, is a very popular concept and opting for an earlier dinner is definitely a good shout. TriBeCa offers a New York BBQ vibe with burgers, rib eye steak, grilled chicken fajitas and ribs.

5. Red Fort Restaurant

BYOB

Photo courtesy of @ryan_baum from Instagram

Again, a student hotspot offering a price-worthy and delicious all-you-can-eat Indian buffet that stays open late enough for you to bring a bottle along. Red Fort is just around the corner from the Sainsbury’s on South Bridge, further simplifying the whole BYOB endeavour. They also offer a 10% student discount.

6. Hanam’s

BYOB

Photo courtesy of @sazmont from Instagram

Wonderful Middle Eastern food, and as can be seen above, Johnston Terrace offers a lovely view. This terrace is also known as the Shisha Terrace, making it the ultimate spot to people-watch, open from 10:00-22:00 every day.

7. Buffalo Grill

BYOB

Photo courtesy of @alijunkiee from Instagram

Rounding off the list is the Buffalo Grill. Situated just off campus, this place is well-known for its delicious steak. They have also recently done up the inside, offering a lovely locale.

Here’s hoping this list has left you urging to say, “Yea, we’ll BOOB!”

BYOB