As 2015 is inevitably coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on the year in all aspects of our lives including goals, relationships, and most importantly, food. In 2015, Tallahassee was introduced to some incredible restaurants that will change our lives forever (#blessed). I know that for me personally, I will never be the same now that I have the following 6 restaurants in my life.

But for real, these restaurants are SO worth checking out if you haven’t done so already. Hopefully 2016 brings us just as much fortune and happiness in terms of the Tally food scene.

1. 4 Rivers Smokehouse

Tallahassee

Photo courtesy of 4rsmokehouse.com

Everything about 4Rivers Smokehouse makes me want to dance out of pure joy. The savory barbecue, the mouthwatering sides, and the delicious cupcakes are just a few of the reasons why 4Rivers was one of the best things to happen to Tallahassee in 2015.

2. Blaze Pizza

Tallahassee

Photo by Kevin Del Orbe

Blaze Pizza is one of my go to spots back home, so I was ecstatic when I found out there would be one opening in Tallahassee. Since pizza is a main food group for most college students, this restaurant is a favorite among many with their build-your-own pizza option that offers unlimited toppings for a flat rate.

3. Grub Burger Bar

Tallahassee

Photo by Janecia Britt

Grub offers a bit of a more upscale take on your classic burger joint, but sure doesn’t disappoint. Their Luau fries, which are piled high with pulled pork, Monterey jack and cheddar cheese, grilled pineapple, jalapenos, Teriyaki, and BBQ sauce are definitely a winner that will leave you feeling very pleased you tried them.

4. Insomnia Cookies

Tallahassee

Photo by Natalie Schulte

The desserts from Insomnia Cookies are some of the most delectable treats you’ll ever try and the fact that they’re open until 3 am is just icing on the cake. Cookies, brownies, and ice cream are a few of the options they have on their menu that can either be picked up or delivered to your doorstep.

5. Maple Street Biscuit Co.

Tallahassee

Photo by Amy Lindholm

Maple Street Biscuit Co. opened its doors on the bottom floor of the Luxe apartment building this year and has quickly established itself as one of the best places to eat in town. Nothing says comfort food better than biscuits and gravy, especially when there’s fried chicken, honey mustard, and dill pickles on top.

6. Smashburger

Tallahassee

Photo by Kevin Del Orbe

As a girl who loves to eat a good burger, I was incredibly happy to find out that Tallahassee would be getting a Smashburger this year. Since I don’t have one of these close to me at home, I dread not being able to devour these cheeseburgers with their buttery buns and leafy lettuce (and the finger licking Smash Sauce) when I’m not in Tallahassee.

7. The Joint

Tallahassee

Photo by Robert Wehrli

Being the restaurant that replaced the beloved Atomic Coffee on Tennessee Street, many were hesitant to try The Joint. But, this restaurant has proved that it’s one of the best to pop up in Tally this year with its selection of Florida beers, insanely good burgers, and breakfast all day.