Though small in comparison to the surrounding cities, the College Station/Bryan area has a vast array of creative and flavorful restaurants. Whether you’re looking for Aggie hotspots or a quiet, romantic getaway, you can find it all here.

In no particular order, we’ve narrowed down the top 45 restaurants in BCS that you need to go try ASAP.

1. Hullabaloo Diner

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

One of the few registered diners in the state of Texas, Hullabaloo is always bumping, and it’s easy to see why! They’re known for their killer brunch options, but also try the Train Wreck fries, they won’t disappoint.

2. Layne’s

College Station

Photo by @ajgregg via Instagram

An Aggie staple, Laynes gives you five chicken fingers, fries, potato salad, toast, and their secret sauce for six bucks. What a deal! Consider getting yourself an extra sauce, ‘cause if yours runs out it’s likely no one is going to share.

3. Grub Burger Bar

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

Hands down some of the most unique burgers in College Station. The Jive Turkey and Lockhart Legend are some personal favorites, but you really can’t go wrong. Be sure to try one of their handcrafted milkshakes! You can even get them spiked, like their Tipsy Worms & Dirt. Childhood memories, meet alcohol.

4. Napa Flats

College Station

Photo by @spoon_tamu via Instagram

Best described as Californian cuisine meets Italian flair, Napa Flats is dishing out some serious good eats from their wood-fired grill. Their pizzas are expertly crafted, and if you have a sweet tooth, go for their seasonal cobblers or the gelato they make in-house!

5. Aji Sushi

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

If you’re craving great sushi, look no further than Aji Sushi. Their fresh fish and friendly prices cannot be beat. They have tons of awesome rolls to choose from, and if you’re not craving sushi they also have an Asian fusion menu with options such as pork vermicelli and pho.

6. Sodolaks Beefmasters Restaurant

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

A College Station hidden gem, Sodolaks is comfort food at its finest. If you still haven’t been, you need to drop what you’re doing right now and go. They’re known for their hand cut steaks and huge porkchops at prices that won’t empty your wallet. Try their jalapeno hushpuppies, they’re delicious!

7. Taz Indian Cuisine

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

Taz may just be the best Indian restaurant in Texas (there, I said it). If you’re new to the fantastic world of curry, sample their lunch buffet with a wide selection of curries, sides, and endless amounts of naan. Their butter chicken is out of this world, and they have lots of vegetarian options!

8. Shiraz Shish Kabob

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

This quaint little family run restaurant is serving up some bomb Eastern Mediterranean food. Kabobs, falafel, and the most luxurious hummus, there is seriously nothing bad on their menu.

9. Madden’s Casual Gourmet

College Station

Photo by @chef_tai_lee via Instagram

If you’re looking for a place that is consistently putting out innovative dishes, Madden’s should be on your radar. One of the best restaurants in BCS, enjoy their rustic-chic atmosphere while dining on seared snapper or their coffee, chili, and chocolate rubbed beef tenderloin.

10. 40 Tempura

College Station

Photo by @TAMUeats via Instagram

You’d think for a small town our sushi choices would be sub-par. But 40 Tempura has some of the freshest fish in the city, and they make some amazingly creative and tasty rolls.

11. Fuego

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

Good ol’ Fuego, always there for us after a night of Northgate shenanigans. There’s nothing like sharing an order of liquid gold, aka Fuego queso, with your gang. This (almost) 24 hour taco joint has tons of deliciously creative tacos to choose from, as well as breakfast tacos all day.

12. Mickey’s Sliders

College Station

Photo by @skinnybutfull via Instagram

Pulled pork, classic ground beef patties, fried chicken… Mickey’s has all sorts of awesome slider combinations. Everything is super fresh and made from scratch, right down to their bacon-infused ketchup! Don’t forget to save room for their deep fried oreos, they’re life changing.

13. MESS Waffles, Etc.

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

MESS sure knows how to cater to our sweet tooth. Each week they host a new dessert waffle of the week, anywhere from a Nutella and strawberry covered waffle to apple pie ala mode. They also have some of the best, cheesiest mac in the city and this maple aioli they drizzle on fried chicken that could bring world peace.

14. Blackwater Draw Brewing Co.

College Station

Photo by Cydney Ryan

It’s no secret that Blackwater Draw has one of the best brunches in College Station. Their fried chicken and waffles or pulled pork migas paired with one of their house-brewed beers is sure to take away the Sunday scaries. If you’re a fan of cheese sticks, try their Lotza Motza- they’re basically the Arnold Swarchenegger version.

15. Caffe Capri

College Station

Photo by @placeforitalian via Instagram

Holy Cannoli! If you’re on the quest to find a good cannoli in the BCS area, all arrows point to Caffe Capri. This cute little Italian restaurant also has the classics you crave, such as lasagna and chicken parmesan, to new favorites like their Cajun tortellini.

16. Mad Taco

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

There is nothing ordinary about this funky taco joint. Bold, flavorful, and tamale bread tortillas so soft I want to snuggle with it, every bite is a fiesta in my mouth. Plus they have margarita flavors you won’t find anywhere else in College Station. A chamoy margarita? Take my money.

17. Koppe Bridge

College Station

Photo by @biscottiblogger via Instagram

The rustic and casual atmosphere at Koppe Bridge and damn good burgers keep us coming back for more. They have won a ton of awards for their burgers and also offer country classics such as chicken fried steak, catfish, and jalapeno poppers. Don’t forget to wash it all down with a cold beer!

18. Antonio’s Pizza

College Station

Photo by @spoon_tamu via Instagram

Craving pizza but don’t want a whole boring pepperoni pie? Located right on Northgate, Antonio’s allows you to pick your pizza by the slice. Now you can have a slice of whatever crazy concoction they’ve cooked up. Fajita? Pasta pizza? BBQ chicken? The choices are endless.

19. Master Yakiniku Korean & Japanese BBQ

College Station

Photo by Nicole W. via Yelp

Looking for something fun and different to do with your friends this week? Try out this DIY Japanese/Korean BBQ joint. Choose your proteins and get cookin’ over your own hibachi grill. If you aren’t up to the pressure, they also offer ramen and bibimbap.

20. Cafe Eccell

College Station

Photo by Katherine Kaitson

Two words- Strawberry. Tart. The sweet strawberries and almond cookie shell is perfect for celebrations, when you’re sad, when you’re breathing… you get the point. Their wood-fired pizzas and globally inspired menu will have you begging for more. Thankfully, they just opened their drive-thru so you can get your fix on the fly.

21. Veritas Wine & Bistro

College Station

Photo by @chef_tai_lee via Instagram

Veritas is definitely a unique and fresh take on modern cuisine. They offer an Asian-French fusion menu that is constantly changing to reflect the seasonal changes. One thing is for sure, you won’t be disappointed!

22. Paolo’s Italian Kitchen

College Station

Photo by @spoonrisekingdom via Instagram

The newest Italian restaurant to College Station, Paolo’s is serving up true authentic Italian with New York influences. Their vast menu boasts fresh ingredients at affordable prices. Try their chicken picatta or seafood fra diavolo, which does not skimp out on the seafood.

23. JJ’s Snowcones

College Station

Photo by @jesimooneyham via Instagram

When spring arrives, we’re only thinking one thing- JJ’s. Do not fear the line. Some of the softest snow in Texas is just a few moments away! JJ’s offers over 50 flavors at incredibly reasonable prices, and they also have add ins, like cream, ice cream, and even pickles!

24. Christopher’s World Grille

College Station

Photo by @hannahseatsfoods via Instagram

If you’re looking for somewhere to take and wow your parents, Christopher’s is just the place. Their globally influenced cuisine is sure to delight your palate. Their brunch options are out of this world- just look at that drool-worthy tenderloin eggs benedict.

25. Potato Shack

College Station

Photo courtesy of Potato Shack on Northgate

If the idea of spuds the size of your head gets you salivating, Potato Shack has you covered. They have tons of fun potato toppings such as chicken fried steak, teriyaki, and buffalo wings, along with other tasty favorites

26. The Corner Bar & Grill

College Station

Photo by @TAMUeats via Instagram

This three story building has one of the best views of campus and Northgate. The Corner has half off all apps on Monday, and five different types of specialty fries… heaven is real.

27. Bavarian Brauhaus

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

Here’s a not so secret secret- Brauhaus offers all you can eat schnitzel on Mondays. And it’s so freaking damn good. Go, and run, do not walk, I’m not kidding.

28. Blue Baker

College Station

Photo by Katherine Kaitson

Blue Baker is known for their out of this world homemade fresh artisan breads. Then they make sandwiches out of that bread and the angels begin to sing. Best part is you can get free food depending on how much blue you wear (or paint on your body). A poor college kid’s dream!

29. Fusion Peru

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

Okay, so at first you see this little red trailer in a random gas station and you might get kinda sketched out. But don’t- because this family is cooking up ridiculously delicious Peruvian cuisine. The flavors they are able to create are just mind-blowing. If you’re new, try the salchipapas or beef lomo saltado.

30. Swamp Tails

College Station

Photo by @swamptails via Instagram

Alligator burgers in College Station? Only at Swamp Tails. Here they have all the Cajun food you crave, from etouffee and crawfish to gumbo and jambalaya.

31. Shipwreck Grill

College Station

Photo by @jennifernduong via Instagram

If you’re in the mood for seafood, try the shrimp diablo, oysters, or one of their boat platters. Everything is super fresh and delicious, and might even have you forgetting you’re landlocked in the middle of Texas.

32. Dixie Chicken

College Station

Photo by @foodsportsbeer via Instagram

This famous founding location of the Aggie Ring Dunk (aka where we willingly drop our class ring in a pitcher of beer and chug it) is known for much more than their alcohol consumption per square foot. The Chicken also is cooking up some real good burgers and deep fried goodness, that all go great with, you guessed it- beer.

33. Kai’s Doughnuts

College Station

Photo by Emily McCann

Kai’s has some of the most unique donut creations in College Station. They vary in flavors such as s’mores, bacon maple, candy and cereal topped, and all types of fruits and fillings. Be warned- lines form, so get there early in the morning for optimal donut consumption.

34. Village Cafe

College Station

Photo by @spoon_tamu via Instagram

This hip cafe offers locally sourced cuisine right from the area. They offer healthy and fun breakfast options as well as tons of unique sandwiches. Enjoy the local art that they promote on the walls as well as the live music on the weekends.

35. Amico Nave Ristorante

College Station

Photo by Amico Nave

Sister restaurant to Shipwreck grill, Amico Nave literally translates to “friend of the ship”. They serve family recipes that have been passed down through the family, so you know it’s going to be good. There are lots of amazing options on their menu, but you can’t go wrong with the classic- spaghetti and meatballs.

36. The Proudest Monkey

College Station

Photo by @carysfood via Instagram

Located in a beautifully renovated historic building, Proudest Monkey’s simple yet delicious menu of tacos and burgers is sure to get your tastebuds tingling. While you’re there you have to try their ice cream martinis. With well thought out flavors such as chocolate covered strawberry and dreamsicle, these ‘tinis are sure to bring a giant smile to your face.

37. Fargo Pit BBQ

College Station

Photo by @qbrunk via Instagram

Fargo’s Pit BBQ was listed in Texas Monthly’s Top 10 barbecue joints, and it’s easy to see why. Luckily for us we don’t have to travel far for real deal Texas BBQ. Try their phenomenal ribs and brisket with a side of their sweet baked beans.

38. Chef Cao

College Station

Photo by Katherine Kaitson

If you’re looking for authentic Chinese food, this is it. Their fish in spicy oil is amazing, and their prices can’t be beat. They also have more Americanized Chinese food as well to fit all different types of palates.

39. The Republic Steakhouse

College Station

Photo by Nathan Barkman

Texans love their steak, and The Republic is simply serving up the best. Big, juicy ribeyes, fresh seafood and an impeccable whiskey selection, this is the place if you’re looking to impress.

40. Luigi’s Patio Ristorante

luigipatio

There is nothing more romantic and picturesque than an Italian patio dinner under strings of dim twinkling lights. The perfect place for a date night, Luigi’s offers delicious Italian classics and seafood dishes in an incredible setting that you can’t find anywhere else in College Station.

41. C&J Barbecue

College Station

Photo by C&J Barbecue via Yelp

Texas BBQ is a staple, and C&J is making some good stuff. Get yourself a BBQ plate with one or several of their meats and choices of classic sides. Don’t forget to save room for the necessities- pecan pie!

42. Messina Hof Winery and Resort

College Station

Photo by @messina_hof via Instagram

Forget traveling to Napa, our own little wine country is right here at Messina Hof! Treat yourself to brunch or dinner at their Village House restaurant, or snack on a cheese board while drinking a glass of your favorite wine (or bottle, we won’t judge).

43. Harvey Washbangers

College Station

Photo courtesy of Harvey Washbangers via Facebook

This is college- you have an overflowing pile of dirty laundry and no food in your refrigerator. Don’t panic, get it all done at Harvey Washbangers. Part launderette, part damn good food and craft beer. Try their porkaholic cheese fries- pulled pork, cheese, jalapenos, BBQ sauce, and bacon. Yum!

44. The West End Elixir Company

College Station

Photo by West End Elixir Company via Facebook

Brick oven pizza on Northgate, who would have thought! With 9 artfully crafted pizza options as well as specialty appetizers, as well as 68 traditional cocktails, you know you’re in for a good night.

45. Casa Pachita

College Station

Photo by @ahintofspice via Instagram

If you’re looking for authentic Mexican cuisine, go no further than Casa Pachita in College Station. Their bright and cheery atmosphere paired with breakfast all day (score!) will surely put a smile on your face.