The Big Easy is a city known for its food, and fall is a season known for all things pumpkin spice. Put the two together? Magic. If you’re a New Orleanian on a pumpkin pilgrimage this year, these are 13 treats you don’t want to miss, along with your own personal road map of where to find them. Happy fall!

1. District Donuts Sliders Brew – Pumpkin Spice Dough la Mode

It’s no trick — in this treat, Creole Creamery’s pumpkin praline ice cream is stuffed inside District’s classic donut, griddled to perfection, and coated in spiced cinnamon sugar for a truly unique pumpkin dessert. They also occasionally feature pumpkin spice and pumpkin cheesecake flavors among their daily donuts, but this beauty is currently available every day.

2. Willa Jean Bakery – Pumpkin Hand Pies

pumpkin flavored

Photo courtesy of Randy Schmidt (Willa Jean Bakery)

Everyone is raving over this new hot spot in the Central Business District, so give their pumpkin hand pies a try and join the crowd of admirers. You’ll probably be enjoying homemade pumpkin pie with your family on Thanksgiving, so mix it up with this twist on the classic, available during happy hour on select days.

3. Reginelli’s Pizzeria – Pumpkin Cheesecake

pumpkin flavored

Photo courtesy of Reginelli’s

Pizza isn’t the only thing you’ll be wanting a slice of at Reginelli’s this season. Available at their Uptown and Lakeview locations for a limited time only, their pumpkin cheesecake is a must. No cheesecake-lover’s pumpkin pilgrimage would be complete without this luscious cousin of the pumpkin pie.

4. HiVolt Coffee – Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin

pumpkin flavored

Photo by Taylor Sabol

As if a jumbo-sized pumpkin muffin with a mountain of streusel topping didn’t look good enough already, tucked inside is a decadent explosion of cream-cheese filling that takes this treat to the next level. If you’re looking for an indulgent fall breakfast, look no further.

5. Creole Creamery – Pumpkin Praline Ice Cream

pumpkin flavored

Photo by Jillian Marks

Pumpkin flavored ice cream swirled with praline pecans = perfection. As always, you can count on Creole Creamery to make all your ice cream dreams come true.

Tulane #SpoonTip: students can occasionally find this frozen treat in Bruff Commons Dining, without ever setting foot off campus.

6. P’s and Q’s – Pumpkin Ginger Pie

pumpkin flavored

Photo by Taylor Sabol

Available in both a full-sized pie and a miniature version, this is a great option whether you’re looking to share with friends or just to treat yo’self. Simple and elegant, this is a classic dessert done right, and the crumbled ginger topping puts just enough of a spin on it.

7. Hillel’s Kitchen – Pumpkin Brownie

pumpkin flavored

Photo by Michelle Martin

This pumpkin creation keeps it kosher, reinventing the everyday brownie by swapping traditional chocolate for fall-tastic flavor and topping it all off with cream cheese frosting. It’s sure to hit the spot and spice up your dessert routine.

8. Gracious Bakery – Caramel Pumpkin Croissant

pumpkin flavored

Photo courtesy of Megan Forman (Gracious Bakery)

What’s not to love about a delicious, flaky, twice-baked caramel pumpkin croissant? Pair this delicate pastry with a warm cup of coffee for the perfect way to start off a crisp autumn morning. And since crisp autumn mornings are scarce in New Orleans, we won’t judge if you have to just pretend you’re enjoying this in cooler weather.

9. Breads on Oak – Pumpkin Cream Tart

pumpkin flavored

Photo courtesy of Breads on Oak

Vegans, never fear — thanks to this delicious tart, you can take part in the fall food festivities, too. The textures and flavors are so good, your non-vegan friends won’t even know the difference.

10. District Hand Pie and Coffee Bar – Pumpkin Spice Mini Loaf

Pumpkin Spice Tea Cake and Raw Pumpkin Juice (pumpkin, carrot, pear, apple, pineapple, ginger)

A photo posted by District Hand Pie & Coffee Bar (@districtpies) on

Playing with flavors that complement the pumpkin bread base, this morsel is stuffed with a mascarpone filling and topped with a caramel glaze. Wash it down with some raw pumpkin juice – a blend of pumpkin, carrot, pear, apple, pineapple, and ginger — available at both District locations for a healthy and refreshing fall beverage alternative to the ubiquitous PSL.

11. Satsuma – Pumpkin French Toast

pumpkin flavored

Photo by Hayley Corell

This brunch powerhouse never fails to deliver, and pumpkin season is no exception. Topping traditional New Orleans style French toast with pumpkin compote and candied pecans, this special adds autumn flair to a classic for a unique breakfast that you won’t want to miss.

12. Blue Dot Donuts – Pumpkin Spice Donut

pumpkin flavored

Photo courtesy of Blue Dot Donuts

Just as District is the king of the extravagant donut, Blue Dot rules supreme in the domain of subtle perfection. The thick, cake-like texture is packed with pumpkin flavor, and a generous topping of cream cheese icing sweetens the deal for a snack that will make you say, “Oh, my gourd.” Get there early in the morning, before they sell out.

13. Cowbell – Death by Pumpkin

pumpkin flavored

Photo courtesy of Cowbell

This Oak Street hangout is known for fancy desserts, and this fall tart is no exception. Served with a scoop of ice cream, drizzled with caramel and white chocolate sauces, and topped with a cute, pumpkin-shaped cookie, it’s a true tour de force. This aptly named treat is a little bite of heaven.

With so many choices and so little time, don’t listen to the pumpkin haters — go ahead and be basic. Pumpkin spice season only comes once a year, after all, and these treats are the perfect way to make the most of it.