NYC is one of the best food cities year-round, but it really thrives in the summer. With fresh fruit, veggies, fish, and more, there are so many food options and only so much time to soak it all in. Make sure you’re getting the best of the best with this food hit-list.

Smoothie Bowls at Dimes

summer

Photo courtesy of ny.eater.com

Get on the bandwagon and cool off with summer’s trendiest breakfast at Dimes. Their picture-perfect smoothie bowls come in 4 different varieties: lavender, carob, mango, and strawberry. You didn’t eat it unless you snap a pic, though.

Corn at Cafe Habana

summer

Photo courtesy of cafehabana.com

Corn on the cob is the most classic summer food of all time, but Cafe Habana’s version packs so much flavor you won’t even believe it. Pretend you’re at a Mexican street festival with this spicy, cheesy classic.

Fish Tacos at Gran Electrica

summer

Photo courtesy of granelectrica.com

Fish tacos with fresh fish and crunchy slaw make the perfect summer lunch or dinner, and Gran Electrica’s is one of the best. Make this your Taco Tuesday destination (or any other day of the week for that matter).

Frozen S’mores at Dominique Ansel

summer

Photo courtesy of thrillist.com

A s’more wrapped around ice cream. All I can say is mind BLOWN. This may be the most expensive s’more ever, but I promise it’s worth it. The combo of smoky, cold, sweet, and creamy flavors will have you saving your cash for this crazy delicious dish.

Market Avocado at Chalk Point Kitchen

summer

Photo courtesy of chalkpointkitchen.com

A huge portion of Chalk Point’s menu is incredible veggie dishes from carrots to cauliflower and more. The avocado dish is filling and fresh while still being super light and colorful. And who can go a day without some avo, anyway?

Ice Cream Sandwich at Melt Bakery

summer

Photo courtesy of meltbakery.com

Long gone are the packaged ice cream sandwiches of your childhood. Step it up with Melt’s amazing unique flavors like “Lovelet” (red velvet cookie and cream cheese ice cream) or “Big Deb” (oatmeal cookie and buttercream ice cream).

Loopy Doopy Cocktail at Conrad Hotel

summer

Photo courtesy of conradnewyork.com

Behold, the most instagrammable cocktail of all time. A popsicle in a glass of wine on a rooftop – now that’ll get a ton of likes. Your favorite flavor from People’s Pops in a glass of house Prosecco makes for the most refreshing cocktail ever, I promise.

Lobster Roll at Luke’s Lobster

summer

Photo courtesy of newyork.com

Nothing says summer quite like fresh seafood. Lobster can be really expensive, so make sure you’re getting the best roll possible at Luke’s. Their’s is served with lemon butter and a secret blend of spices, so there’s no skimping on flavor here.

Oysters at Mermaid Inn

summer

Photo courtesy of Mermaid Inn

Like I said, seafood=summer. Mermaid has an oyster happy hour, so you can get a lot of bang for your buck for freshly shucked oysters. This joint even has their own app called Oysterpedia to make sure you’re really in the know about what you’re getting.

Popsicles at People’s Pops

summer

Photo courtesy of swankproductions.com

You can’t have summer without popsicles, and People’s has flavors you won’t find anywhere else. Forget your classic push-pop or Firecracker and try a super refreshing seasonal sour cherry, nectarine, or fig popsicle.

Summer Rolls at Banh Mi Saigon

summer

Photo courtesy of newyork.seriouseats.com

These fresh rolls from Banh Mi even have the word “summer” in their name, and they pack a ton of protein and veggies. You can get them with shrimp or pork and make sure to be generous with your peanut dipping sauce.

Truffle Fries at Home Frite (Smorgasburg)

It’s virtually impossible to spy the words “truffle fries” and not stop at Home Frite. You may not be in the mood for piping hot fries on a humid summer day, but Smorgasburg on the Hudson is the best place to get them.