Atlanta is known for its Southern-meets-city style of food, but this list will show you that Atlanta has a lot more to offer – tacos, fusion food, and everything else. So, buckle up, we’re hitting 12 of Atlanta’s best restaurants.

Ice Cream from Atlanta Ice Cream Festival

There’s nothing better than free ice cream (and lots of it). At the Atlanta Ice Cream Festival, you’ll find free ice cream comes, live music, and an epic ice cream competition. This was an event made for low-budget college students. When?: Saturday, July 25th, 2015 

Brussels Sprouts at Saltyard

Photo courtesy of Saltyard

Once you get a bite of these brussel sprouts, you’ll always want to eat your veggies. You can get these sprouts flash fried with sweet chili sauce, or roasted with lemon, anchovy and capers. Trust us, this is the best way to get your daily servings of veggies.

Pacific Rim Taco at Taqueria Tsunami

Taqueria Tsunami is a fusion of Asian and Mexican food, which means that the best parts both combine to form a nearly perfect taco. The Pacific Rim Taco is filled with crispy, grilled Mahi Mahi with a small kick of chili and topped with lettuce, homemade pico de gallo, and creamy hoisin lime aioli.

Sushi at Nori Nori

#norinori sushi buffet for the nth time. It never fails to amaze me! #Fridate #sushibuffet #sushi #norinori A photo posted by Ariane P C (@araolivia) on May 8, 2015 at 4:07pm PDT

Elegance meets all-you-can eat Vegas-style buffets at Nori Nori. Fill up your plate with oysters, crawfish, sashimi, and everything you see (read: see-food, eat food). For dessert head to their crêpe station and top it off with some green tea ice cream and fruit. At Nori Nori, there is no such thing as overeating.

Patbingsu at Sweet Rice

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Addy C.

Take a chill at Sweet Rice by digging into some Patbingsu, a Korean shaved ice dessert. It’s served in a huge bowl, perfect for sharing or eating for dinner (hey, it has some fruit, so it’s healthy-ish). It’s a flavor roller coaster with tons of different textures and tastes in each bite: sweet, sour, creamy, watery, crunchy, and soft all in one.

High Tea at Dr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party

Sweet teas, sandwiches, and scones – Dr. Bombay’s has it all. And, afternoon tea is a way to try it all. Bombay’s is the perfect spot to get work done, catch up with a friend, or get lost in a book (they sell used books for $1). And if finger foods and delicious desserts are not enough of a reason to get you there, proceeds go toward helping impoverished women in India. You have no excuse.

Pizza from Fellini’s Pizza

Blessed to have this 5 minutes from my house ?

A photo posted by TJ Rodriguez (@trodondrums) on Jan 7, 2015 at 11:25am PST

Fellini’s Pizza is a local Atlanta chain that’s always there when your 1 am pizza craving kicks in or when your wallet is running low on cash. It’s not a fancy pizza eatery, but it tastes like celebrity chefs made it. And, if you’re a Ben Wyatt kind-of-guy, they have calzones, too.

Green Tea Fondue from Cafe Chocolat

Nothing beats fondue, especially when it’s green tea fondue. Let your inner-90’s kid rejoice as you share this #tbt moment with a friend. You can also upgrade your meal with a bubble milk tea or some strawberry milk.

Chili Dogs at The Varsity

Your dad called, he wants chili dogs for Father’s Day. #TheVarsity #weloveatl #fathersday #since1928 A photo posted by The Varsity (@thevarsity1928) on Jun 21, 2015 at 7:09am PDT

New York City has Shake Shack, Los Angeles has In-n-Out Burger, and Atlanta has The Varsity. It’s a drive-in burger and hot dog joint that started in the late 1920’s and stuck with that theme ever since. It’s a great go-to for celebrating football games or for when you just want a good chili cheese dog with a Frosted Orange and onion rings for under $10.

Doughnuts at Sublime Doughnuts

I don’t even know how I should caption this ? #SublimeDoughnuts   A photo posted by Anna Edmondson (@shmannaa) on Jun 9, 2015 at 9:24am PDT

These doughnuts are some of the best doughnuts in the country. Their menu seems endless, with choices ranging from bacon doughnuts to cronuts. But don’t worry, each doughnut costs less than $2. Pair their doughnuts with their Love Potion (bottled strawberry tea), though you’re definitely not going to need a potion to fall in love with this doughnut shop.

Fresh Peach Popsicle at King of Pops

tgif + peach popsicles // #tgif #kingofpops #peach #thatsdarling #vscocam #mcidealfeed   A photo posted by Mary Claire Photo + Video (@maryclairephoto) on Jul 3, 2015 at 12:23pm PDT

It doesn’t make sense to be in Atlanta without eating something peach flavored (Georgia is the peach state, after all). King of Pops made the perfect solution to your hankering for sweets and air conditioning: the peach pop. If you’re already tired of peaches, you can’t go wrong with rosewater or a Mexican chocolate pop.

Fried Chicken from Mary Mac’s Tea Room

The South is all about its soul food and treating yo’ self, and Mary Mac’s Tea Room is the perfect example of where you should do just that. Indulge in Mary Mac’s crispy chicken fried chicken smothered in gravy with a side of cheese grits. Don’t count your calories, count how much money you’re saving.