Black Tap in New York City made news this past year with their insane, heart-attack inducing $15 milkshakes with all kinds of crazy toppings and even crazier lines stretching around the corner with eager fans trying to get that milkshake-gram. And while we definitely were thinkin’ about getting our hands on their yummy creations, we heard whispers about an equally interesting milkshake place on the New Jersey shore with no lines (yep, you heard that right — but while its fame spreads, not for long), so we had to go check it out.

We weren’t disappointed.

milkshake

Photo courtesy of @coneywaffle on Instagram

Welcome to Coney Waffle in Belmar, New Jersey, where they specialize in three things: milkshakes, waffles, and ice cream (cones!). The big milkshake you’ll be looking for on their menu is the freakshake, and it’s freaky, alright.

For the bargain value of $15 (and trust us, for the amount of ice cream and other sugary goodies you get, it’s a bargain), you get upwards of ten scoops of ice cream (we stopped counting after ten for fear of our minds exploding) blended into a creamy milkshake — choose between cotton candy, reese’s pieces, and mint chocolate chip flavors — and a nice topping of whipped cream. On top of that whipped cream, they’ll stick ice cream cones, sometimes cotton candy, tons of different candies, their signature waffles, and tons of other goodies.

milkshake

Photo courtesy of @sophchiang on Instagram

Yes, that is a picture of me digging into my freakshake. Trust me when I say you won’t need to eat anything else for the rest of the day.