Spoon University Logo
tacobellcrunchwrap?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
tacobellcrunchwrap?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
News

Taco Bell Has A New Thai Noodle Crunchwrap — Plus 2 Other New Flavors

Taco Bell is home to many iconic menu items: nacho fries, chalupas, and of course, the iconic Crunchwrap. It wasn’t too long ago that Taco Bell brought back the Cheez-It Crunchwrap Supreme, and fans are loving it. But Taco Bell isn’t stopping there when it comes to Crunchwraps: the chain has announced that some bold new flavors will be available to try through the TBX program.

What is the TBX program?

Taco Bell has partnered with best-of-the-best chefs from around the country to bring a fresh new twist to the classic Crunchwrap. The chefs introduced flavors from a range of different cuisines to the Taco Bell menu, adding bold new flavors to the Crunchwrap. The chefs have curated three new Crunchwrap variations, using the flavors from eight different ingredients. 

What are the new Crunchwraps?

Chef Reuben Asaram from Philadelphia has created what is called the Indian Buffet Crunchwrap Supreme, a combination of both Indian and Mexican cuisine. It features marinated, slow-roasted chicken in a creamy tomato curry with Mexican-spiced rice, as well as a cucumber mint sauce. Paired with Taco Bell’s crunchy corn tostada, lettuce, and pico de gallo, the Indian Buffet Crunchwrap Supreme is bursting with flavor. If you’re vegetarian, you can swap the chicken out for crispy potato bites. 

taco bell crunchwrap
Photo by Taco Bell

The Crispy Thai Noodle Crunchwrap Supreme was curated by San Antonio Chef Jennifer Hwa Dobbertin. Her Crunchwrap features marinated grilled chicken in a khao soi aoli, crunchy wheat noodles, sour cream, onions, cilantro, and avocado basil ranch. With ingredients from her Asian roots, as well as flavors inspired by South Texas, the Crispy Thai Noodle Crunchwrap Supreme is a creative twist on the classic menu item. 

taco bell crunchwrap
Photo by Taco Bell

The last Crunchwrap variation is the Southwest Hot CHX Crunchwrap Supreme, created by Chef Lawrence “LT” Smith. Smith, who is from Phoenix, Arizona, decided to put a Southwest twin on the chicken nugget. His Crunchwrap features chicken nuggets tossed in spicy salsa macha, Oaxaca-style mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses, purple cabbage slaw, cilantro, apricot hot sauce, and sour cream. Name something that sounds more delicious than chicken nuggets in a Crunchwrap Supreme: you can’t.

taco bell crunchwrap
Photo by Taco Bell

Where can you get these new Crunchwrap flavors?

These new Crunchwrap variations will be available in a special two-day pop-up series in New York City from October 16 to 17. Feedback from fans will help determine the national availability of these Crunchwraps in the future. 

Although these new flavors aren’t available everywhere yet, Taco Bell Rewards Members can still participate in the creative spirit of TBX. Through the Taco Bell app, Members can customize their own Crunchwrap Supreme with up to $3 worth of free additions. For only a limited time, Members can add bold new ingredients to their Crunchwraps for extra flavor, such as creamy jalapeño sauce, fresh guacamole, and even extra cheese. 

Amanda Brucculeri is the fall editorial intern for Spoon University, where she covers food news and emerging trends. Beyond Spoon University, Amanda works as the podcast editor for Boston University News Service, where she oversees a team of reporters covering news through audio. She also writes for the city column of The Buzz Magazine, and is the host of a true crime radio show on WTBU student radio. She is currently a junior at Boston University, majoring in journalism with a minor in public relations. In her free time, she enjoys curating playlists, trying new restaurants, and watching movies.