Yes, you heard it right. A meal box that apparently lets you charge your phone is the latest technique that KFC India is using to woo its customers.

KFC since the very beginning has tried to adapt its range of food according to the culture and trends in India, while it recently launched the Meal Box that became an instant hit, it has gone a step ahead this time with this concept.

KFC

Photo courtesy of buzfeed.com

India is the world’s second-largest smartphone market with 220 million users. And with people constantly living with the nightmare of low battery coming true any minute, a built-in power bank with your favorite food sounds nothing less than a blessing.

The box is called “Watt a Box” and the Times of India reports that it comes with a built-in power bank and USB cord. This is a limited edition item that will be gifted to select customers at certain KFC locations in Mumbai and Delhi, though the offer is not valid in airport outposts and in Medicity, a medical institute in Delhi says the KFC India’s website.

“We launched the 5-in-1 Meal Box in March this year with the objective of providing an abundantly complete meal and at an affordable price for our customers,” KFC India’s chief marketing officer, Lluis Ruiz Ribot, told the Times of India. “With the launch of Watt a Box, we have gone a step ahead and also introduced an element of utility into the box.”

People can also participate in an online contest on KFC India’s Facebook page and win more of these limited edition boxes.

Though according to a report in Fortune, a KFC spokesperson told that the “Watt a Box” initiative is exclusive to India and, “At this time, we do not have plans to bring it to other countries.” You jealous?