The first time you heard “Empire State of Mind,” did you ever take the opportunity to think, “Damn, what would this song taste like?” Ever wondered what Drake’s personality would be on a plate? Don’t we all wonder what dessert Jay-Z and Beyonce would order together?

Food can reveal a lot about personality, and we matched these rappers with some of the finest desserts ever conceived. Take a break from editing your Soundcloud mixtape and check out this exclusive list of our fav lyric spitters and their sweet doppelgangers.

desserts

Gif courtesy of hilariousgifs.com

Kanye West – Frrrozen Haute Chocolate

desserts

Who else to start with but perhaps our future president? West’s first two albums, The College Dropout and Late Registration, discuss his rejection of a college degree in order to pursue his music career. So, why not combat the peril of college cafeterias with one of NYC’s most expensive and regal desserts, the Frrrozen Haute Chocolate at Serendipity. Served in a goblet surrounded by a crown and topped with 24K gold and truffles, it is a dessert fit for a king, with a price ticket of $25,000.

desserts

Photo courtesy of eonline.com

Jay-Z (and Beyoncé) – Chocolate-PB Truffles

desserts

Like chocolate and peanut butter, you can’t have one without the other. Our dream couple is a dream pairing — truffles with a beautifully decadent interior (which you can make). Who’s who is up to you, but making these truffles pyramidal might make it more authentic…. Not hinting at anything though.

desserts

Photo by Maggie Gorman

Drake – S’mores

desserts

Under that crunchy and hard graham cracker exterior, there is Drake’s (aka Audrey GRAHAM) signature sweet, gooey inside. Silence that hotline bling and wait for his next mixtape to generate the fire for roasting marshmallows.

Photo by Devon Flinn

Nicki Minaj – Cotton Candy

desserts

Nicki affectionately calls her fans the Barbz (or Ken Barbz, for you male Nicki fans) and is a huge fan of pink in general (have you heard The Pinkprint yet?), so cotton candy is the perfectly sweet fit for a queen. It’s true, however, that many people think that cotton candy is too difficult to eat (Miley, what’s good?).

desserts

Photo courtesy of onehallyu.com

Snoop Dogg (Snoop Lion?) – Brownies

desserts

Fix yourself a gin and juice and pop these babies in the oven (which you can make here) to really feel those California vibes. Of course, Snoop Dogg would add more “essential oils” to this recipe, but we can’t tell you what to do.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

#SpoonTip: Dedicate a night out with friends (or even a date night) to make or find these desserts and eat them to your own mix playlist (excluding the Frrrozen Haute Chocolate, which is the equivalent to the cost of several textbooks, or a few months worth of groceries, but hey, we all treat ourselves in different spectrums). If you’re earning stacks like these stars, it’s time to eat like them, too.

desserts