When it comes to state pride, we’d all fight to the death to defend our state’s signature foods. Here’s a round-up of some of the most renowned and well-known foods from every state that are sure to start the Hunger Games.

Alabama: Cheese Grits

state

Photo courtesy of cookistry.com

Cheesy and creamy, what more could you ask for? This southern staple is anything but bland, and it’s the breakfast staple you’ve been searching for. ‘Bama’s doin’ it right.

Alaska: Salmon

state

Photo courtesy of TheKitchenAccomplice on Flickr.com

With some of the best salmon out there, it’s pretty clear why Alaskans pride themselves on their salmon. Not only is it delicious, but it should be your next go-to study snack because it’s packed with Omega-3 Fatty Acids.

Arizona: Mexican Food

state

Photo by Kathleen Lee

Let’s be honest, tacos, burritos and nachos might be some of our favorite drunk foods, so we can’t blame Arizona for giving Mexican food a little extra TLC.

Arkansas: Cheese Dip

state

Photo by Natsuko Mazany

Nothing beats some cheesy goodness on game day, so next time you rally up, turn your ordinary cheese dip into something extraordinary.

California: In-N-Out

state

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Though the In-N-Out vs. Shake Shack debate may never end, any west coast native will agree that a Double-Double Animal Style will always satisfy your needs. That’s what a hamburger’s all about, and California sure wants everyone else to know it.

Colorado: Beef Enchiladas

state

Photo by Eugene Ang

While Colorado might be especially infatuated with beef enchiladas, the rest of the country wouldn’t dare exclude all the other enchiladas out there. Enchiladas for president? #Enchiladas2020

Connecticut: New Haven Pizza

It’s no doubt that everyone out there loves a good slice, but our friends from Connecticut swear by New Haven pizza. While other states (*cough* New York *cough*) claim their pizza is the best, Connecticut knows how to make their mark with their pizza.

Delaware: Chicken

state

Photo by Helena Lin

Chicken is versatile as hell, and everyone from Delaware knows it. Breakfast? Chicken. Lunch? Chicken. Dinner? You guessed it, chicken. Once you go chicken, you never go back, and Delaware is killin’ the chicken game.

Florida: Cuban Food

state

Photo by Susan Bean

Though our country’s relationship with Cuba may not have always been the best, we’ll always be devoted to the wonderful food they’ve given us. Florida, stay true to who you are, and the food you’re known for.

Georgia: Peach Cobbler

state

Photo courtesy of Ralph Daily on Flickr.com

They don’t call it the Peach State for nothing. Georgia’s fierce pride for their beloved fruit is no joke, but they’re surely as sweet as can be.

Hawaii: Spam

state

Photo by Janet Galore

Yeah, Spam might be a little mysterious, but can’t we find some pleasure in the unknown? Hawaii sure can.

Idaho: Potatoes

state

Photo by Alia Wilhelm

Potatoes are the reason we have latkes, french fries, tater tots and so much more. Everyday, I wake up and thank God for potatoes. Actually, I thank Idaho.

Illinois: Meat

state

Photo by Christin Urso

Carnivores unite. Head over to Illinois and find a world full of meat-lovers, lusting over bacon, sausage, and so much more.

Indiana: Sugar Cream Pie

state

Photo courtesy of tastykitchen.com

This pie sure knows how to win over a crowd. Heavenly, decadent and sweet as can be, it emulates everything that Indiana is all about.

Iowa: Corn on the Cob

state

Photo by Tiare Brown

It’s summertime. The sun is setting. You’re eating corn on the cob. Life is good. Iowa knows how to take corn from ordinary to extraordinary.

Kansas: Bread

state

Photo courtesy of mymundaneandmiraculouslife.com

Carnivore? More like CARBivore. If you love bread more than you like your significant other, Kansas is the place for you. There’s a reason they call it the breadbasket.

Kentucky: Fried Chicken

state

Photo courtesy of Andrea Nguyen on Flickr.com

Heart attack inducing? Maybe, but everything is okay in moderation, right? There’s nothing like a hot piece of fried chicken after a long day.

Louisiana: Crawfish

state

Photo courtesy of James on Flickr.com

If we can be certain about one thing, it’s that our friends down in Louisiana know how to get down ‘n dirty with their crawfish. When spring comes, I know I’ll be heading down south to spice things up.

Maine: Lobster

state

Photo courtesy of gizmodo.com

Dear Maine, with arguably the best lobster out there, we’re all jealous that we can’t live in endless, lobster-filled bliss. Sincerely, the other 49 states.

Maryland: Crab

state

Photo by Benjamin Martin

Don’t be crabby just because you don’t live in Maryland. Just travel on over and get some fresh and flavorful crabs. That’s the reason vacations exist, right?

Massachusetts: Clam Chowder

state

Photo courtesy of harrysfresh.com

Or should I say, clam “chowdah.” It’s a widely known fact that New Englanders love their clam chowder, but Massachusetts has that special bond that we all wish for so deeply.

Michigan: Cherries

state

Photo courtesy of Nik Photographie on Flickr.com

Nothing says summer like a good cherry pie, and Michigan is sure of it. Netflix and chill? More like cherry picking and chill.

Minnesota: Tater Tots

state

Photo by Kailla Coomes

Warm, crunchy, potato-y goodness? I can assure you that there’s nothing better. We know Minnesota is known for their freezing blizzards, but I know the cold wouldn’t bother me anyway if I had some tater tots.

Mississippi: Biscuits and Gravy

state

Photo courtesy of Jackie Alpers on Flickr.com

Creamy, dreamy and oh-so needed. A little indulgence is much needed sometimes, and these biscuits and gravy are just telling you to treat yo’self.

Missouri: BBQ

state

Photo by Rafi Letzter

When I fall asleep at night, I dream about that charred, crispy, sweet and savory taste of a perfectly barbecued rib. Doesn’t everyone?

Montana: Rocky Mountain Oysters

state

Photo courtesy of Wally Gobetz on Flickr.com

Okay, so maybe it’s a little hard to fathom the idea of eating Rocky Mountain oysters because… yeah. But when you love something, you’re willing to go to great lengths to have it. In the wise words of fashion icon Tim Gunn, Montana knows how to “make it work.”

Nebraska: Runzas

state

Photo courtesy of Isachandra on Flickr.com

Unless you’re from Nebraska, odds are you probably don’t know what a runza is, so let me enlighten you. Imagine some meaty, tasty deliciousness wrapped up inside a doughy pocket you can only dream of. A runza’s like that, but fulfills so much more, and Nebraska wants everyone to know.

Nevada: Buffet

state

Photo courtesy of Haimanti Weld on Flickr.com

How can you ever visit Las Vegas without going to one of the legendary buffets? You can’t. From sushi to steak and so much more, there’s no craving a buffet can’t satisfy.

New Hampshire: Cider Doughnuts

state

Photo courtesy of Food52

It’s a crisp fall afternoon, and you’re relaxing with a cup of coffee and these cider doughnuts. Is there really anything better? I think not.

New Jersey: Salt Water Taffy

state

Photo courtesy of K. Herbrand on Flickr.com

Chewy, sweet and the core of every New Jersey native. With more flavors out there than words in the dictionary, the possibilities are endless for a tasty snack. Sharing is caring, New Jersey, so spread the love (and taffy).

New Mexico: Green Chiles

state

Photo courtesy of twistedstringknits on Flickr.com

Packed with flavor and spice, green chiles are a force to be reckoned with. Chile this, chile that, chile everything. Chile pride.

New York: Bagels

state

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

So maybe bagels are available across the country, but there’s no bagel out there that could possibly compare to a good, New York bagel. Chewy and baked to perfection, breakfast isn’t complete without them. Bae-goals, am I right?

North Carolina: Pork BBQ

state

Photo courtesy of Richard Rutter on Flickr.com

Though BBQ may come in all shapes and sizes, pork BBQ has its own personality. Sweet and flavorful, some pulled pork sliders will make you feel so warm inside.

North Dakota: Bison Burgers

state

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Sometimes a hamburger can get a little old, so who doesn’t want to spice things up with some bison? If you’re watching your figure, skip the gym and make some bison burgers.

Ohio: Buckeyes

state

Photo courtesy of Travis Estell on Flickr.com

Jelly, move out of the way. Chocolate is here to steal your spotlight. Peanut butter and chocolate is arguably one of the best combos out there, so no wonder Ohio uses it to flaunt their state pride.

Oklahoma: Chicken Fried Steak

state

Photo courtesy of ruffing on Flickr.com

No one said that everything we eat has to be part of the newest health craze. Comfort food is a must sometimes, and Oklahoma’s on the right track with their chicken fried heaven.

Oregon: Marionberry Pie

state

Photo courtesy of Darius Kuzimckas on Flickr.com

So maybe it’s not your typical berry pie, but I guess you could call it Oregon’s dirty little secret. Sweet and tart, you should add marionberry pie to your next summer barbecue menu.

Pennsylvania: Cheesesteak

state

Photo courtesy of bridgesburgersbeer.com

When you think Philly, you have to think cheesesteak. Health conscious? Maybe not, but that warm, gooey, cheesy goodness will make you forget that you haven’t been to the gym in a week.

Rhode Island: Clam Cakes

state

Photo courtesy of Krista on Flickr.com

This fried treat is like a savory doughnut, and no one can refuse a doughnut, am I right ladies?

South Carolina: Sweet Tea

state

Photo courtesy of Lecia Phinney on Flickr.com

Just like its residents, South Carolina’s sweet tea is as sweet as can be. On a hot summer day, nothing cools you down like a nice, chilly glass of sweet tea.

South Dakota: Kuchen

state

Photo courtesy of Johannes Zabel on Flickr.com

As the official state dessert of South Dakota, Kuchen deservingly shines like no other. Its sweet, doughy pastry paired with fruit and custard will fulfill your need for that sweet indulgence, while maintaining your diet.

Tennessee: Hot Chicken

state

Photo courtesy of Chris Wage on Flickr.com

If you think fried chicken is good, you’re gonna think hot chicken is irresistible. Doused in a cayenne-based paste, this spicy, crunchy delight will make you happier than a significant other ever could.

Texas: Tex Mex

state

Photo courtesy of Alexandre Macedo on Flickr.com

You thought there was nothing better than authentic Mexican cuisine, but our favorite Texans know how to put a spin on some of our favorite dishes. Cheese is a staple in all of our diets, and our friends in Texas surely take advantage of that with their love for queso.

Utah: Jello

state

Photo courtesy of Food Librarian on Flickr.com

It’s not a party without Jello shots, but it can also be a super fun snack. With a ton of fun variations, this jiggly gelatin-based snack will leave you and your taste buds dancing.

Vermont: Maple Syrup

state

Photo courtesy of simplyscratch.com

The staple for all your favorite breakfast foods, maple syrup is irreplaceable. From waffles, to pancakes, to bacon, there is nothing that doesn’t pair perfectly with that sweet syrup.

Virginia: Apples

state

Photo by Paige Rodgers

Apple pie, apple fritters, baked apples, apple juice and apple cider wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for our favorite fall fruit. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, so channel Virginia and start eating apples.

Washington: Pho

state

Photo by Scott Harrington

This Vietnamese noodle soup trumps every other soup out there. With its simple yet flavorful ingredients, there’s nothing better than a bowl of pho to get you through those typical Washington rainy days.

West Virginia: Pepperoni Roll

state

Photo courtesy of Martha on Flickr.com

We all know that the best part of going out for dinner is the bread they give you before the meal, and our friends in West Virginia know that. Take your white doughy bread and stuff it with pepperoni and cheese, and you have your own personal pizza. Drunk cravings: satisfied.

Wisconsin: Cheese

state

Photo courtesy of thekitchenskinny.com

Doubtful that this comes as a surprise to anyone. No one could deny that Wisconsin has the best cheese out there, and I think we’re all a little jealous that we don’t get a little Wisco’ cheese everyday. Craving it now? Here’s your solution.

Wyoming: Beef Jerky

state

Photo Courtesy of Aaron HUI on Flickr.com

Chewy and savory, Oliver and Jackson from Hannah Montana know beef jerky knows how to work-y. Next time you take a trip to Wyoming, make sure you bring some jerky along on your hike.